Am i doing this wrong?

goldengirl28
goldengirl28 Posts: 129 Member
So I'm a nosy Parker as i often look at the EMTWL successful peoples food diaries to see how many calories they are eating and what type of food they eat.

An I've notices that there are a lot of people having a target of say 1700, and doing exercise calories that net them well below 1700 net calories.

this mornings example was, daily intake 1689, 1009 exercise calories and the person actually ate 1590. (So i think this nets them about 590 cals for the day)

Am i doing it wrong because i ignore my exercise calories and eat up to my full daily allowance? e.g 1'm allowed 1820 and i eat all of them.

Please help as this may be the reason why the sales haven't moved for 20days.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I eat at TDEE every day and I don't eat any exercise cals back, unless I would net below BMR
    If I log the exercise burns, i just ignore them and still eat my 2400
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    You are doing it correctly if you are not netting below your BMR. Eat your TDEE -15% and you're all good.

It's possible that this person just had an off day. I know there have been a few days lately where I haven't done well with my macros and a couple days where I couldn't get in all of my calories for various reasons but I really do strive to get there every day. Sometimes life gets in the way though and I think that is still part of the journey.

Hopefully that person isn't doing this all the time.

Also, there are a few on my friends list who joined here, requested to be friends with me but they are still not eating more. I figure they are too scared to take the plunge but am hoping that if they keep seeing my diary and how much I am eating and still losing they will come over to the dark side!! :)