Went off the deep end and all I got is a few NSV's....

gypsybug
gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
I've been doing EMTWL for a while now, I believe I started tail end of April. (I'd have to double check that as my memory is terrible!) I lost the weight I gained when I first started but not much more. I went through all kinds of weird stages where I got ravenous then exhausted and bloated and generally never knew what the heck I was gonna feel like in the morning. Now that I have a good month and a half or so behind me, I have noticed some small changes that I cling to in this process.

1. My skin is looking fantastic and I'm not getting the monthly breakouts anymore.

2. My undereye circles (I'm pale as pale gets so they were pretty spectacular...as in two black eyes sans makeup) are about 60% lighter than they used to be. THIS ONE IS HUGE FOR ME. I have hated those circles for so long.

3. Blow on me and I bruise. Look at me funny and I bruise. Mystery bruises happened almost daily. Guess what I don't have as many of now?!?!? Or as frequent!!!!

4. My naturally curly hair is not brittle anymore. I'm getting a lot less breakage, which is good because I put it in pony's a lot more now.

5. I fidget ALL THE TIME NOW. I have energy to spare for bouncing my legs at my desk lol!

6. Ahem. My ... uh....."drive" has gone through the roof! LOL, hubbie is in heaven.

7. While my weight has not changed and my measurements are creeping down in fractions not whole inches, I have a LOT more muscle than I used to and it's finally becoming visible in places other than my biceps. I discovered yesterday, while doing insanity with my husband, my thigh is starting to show that inner cut...yeah....you know the one I mean. WOOT!

My goal date isn't until 2/2013....I have time and then some to get there. I'm in no rush. But it does help to see SOME progress to stay motivated. So I guess my point is.....keep an eye out for the unexpected NSV's. Not just the inches and/or pounds.

As a side note, I had to clean out my friends list today of inactives and VLCDers. If any EMTWL folks that I don't already have want another pal, I'd love some more. I have trouble on some days staying the course and I doubt, doubt, doubt. I rant and rave for a while, then get back on board.

Replies

• Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    Great NSV's!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Those are all FANTASTIC NSVs!! Congrats!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Fantastic NSV's! :drinker:
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Awesome!!!!

I am totally with you on 1, 5 and 6 (the drive was always there, but it's just BETTER now)!!!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    I LOVE THIS!!! way to go :D
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I have to say, my poor 'drive' is down right now, but I think it's more because I just feel gross. I usually have a higher um, 'drive' than my husband even...lol. (hmmm, probably tmi!) :laugh:

Anyhoo - awesome NSV's!!! Thanks for sharing those! :happy:
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    I've been doing EMTWL for a while now, I believe I started tail end of April. (I'd have to double check that as my memory is terrible!) I lost the weight I gained when I first started but not much more. I went through all kinds of weird stages where I got ravenous then exhausted and bloated and generally never knew what the heck I was gonna feel like in the morning. Now that I have a good month and a half or so behind me, I have noticed some small changes that I cling to in this process.

1. My skin is looking fantastic and I'm not getting the monthly breakouts anymore.

2. My undereye circles (I'm pale as pale gets so they were pretty spectacular...as in two black eyes sans makeup) are about 60% lighter than they used to be. THIS ONE IS HUGE FOR ME. I have hated those circles for so long.

3. Blow on me and I bruise. Look at me funny and I bruise. Mystery bruises happened almost daily. Guess what I don't have as many of now?!?!? Or as frequent!!!!

5. I fidget ALL THE TIME NOW. I have energy to spare for bouncing my legs at my desk lol!

7. While my weight has not changed and my measurements are creeping down in fractions not whole inches, I have a LOT more muscle than I used to and it's finally becoming visible in places other than my biceps. I discovered yesterday, while doing insanity with my husband, my thigh is starting to show that inner cut...yeah....you know the one I mean. WOOT!

WOW! you just touched upon something that I was not really noticing--the eye circles. I have serious dark circles, and I am not going to say they are gone, but they are fainter than usual.

Wonderful feedback to hear, too. I just realzed I have only been doing the TDEE -15% cut for a month--here I am thinking oh yeah, I should be losing like crazy by now, but alas, it has only been about 4 weeks.

I am sending an electronic friendship request now, cuz I like to form a social circled of like minded folks.

Hurrah for NSV!!!!!!!
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    LOL my "drive" has always been pretty spectacular...but I never had the energy to DO anything about it. Now I have it to spare! Probably TMI too....hahahahaha oh well.

Yeah isn't that crazy about the undereye circles? Been battling them ever since I can remember. Spent probably hundreds of dollars on every eye cream in the book. I just needed to feed the darn things.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    high fives to all your significant others..

Just another reason for us guys to cook big healthy meals :)
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Great nsvs!

I just went to look at my dark circles after I read this lol. I think mine are still visible though. :p
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Big congrats on ALL of your amazing NSVs!!!

Keep doing what you're doing, because it sounds like it is really working AWESOME!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 191 Member
    These NSVs are so fantastic :) I really used to undervalue NSVs, but you know THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT MATTER :) Is it more important for the scale to say a digit that society has arbitrarily valued or for you to feel alive with energy and look fantastic? I think there is a clear winner. Super excited for you, congrats!
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    congrats!!! You mentioned doing Insanity. Do you love it? How often do you do it and for how long each time? I'm waffling on buying it (I do get a 50% reimbursement through work so it's not that difficult to swallow) but really need to do something while I'm waiting for an opening with a personal trainer. I'd love any feedback anyone has.
  • Fabulous! I love NSVs!
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Fantastic NSV's!!!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Oh awesome!

I hope 1 and 2 happen to me! I am not real pale but have always had dark circles and always bruise easy!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Those are all awesome!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Awesome!!