Goals

Options
quilteryoyo
quilteryoyo Posts: 6,102 Member
Lets post our goals and then, update when we meet them or change them.

Current running status: Run 3 times a week at about 5.5 mph. Can run 8 min and walk 1 for 45 minutes.
Short term goal: Run 30 minutes without having to stop to walk
Long term goal: Run a marathon to raise money for the American Cancer Society

Replies

• dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Current running status: Run 3 times a week at a pace usually between 10:15-11:30.... all depends on time of day, humidity, temp, and my distance. Typically run 3-5 miles on Tues & Thurs, with a long run (10 miles) on Saturday (when my schedule permits)

Short term goal: To survive the summer heat/humidity in FL!!! Haha!!! I trained inside on the treadmill last summer when I was beginning to run! And... to stay injury free!!!

Long term goal: To always stay injury free, and.... I want to be able to run about 15 miles, and complete a 1/2 marathon (or two or three). I've been eying a few I want to do in Jan/Feb... but I may do 1 or 2 earlier... all depends!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Current running status: Run 3 times a week at about 5 mph. The longest that I have run is for 20 minutes. I think that my program has me scheduled for a 25 minute run for my next workout.

Short term goal: Run 30 minutes without having to stop to walk; run a 5K

Long term goal: Run at the various events to raise money for PWS (see my introduction). These are usually 5Ks with a 1-2 mile walk going on at the same time. The next one, however, is for Halloween and is a 13K. I don't know that I'll be ready to do that one but I would love to. I also have to convince my husband to attend these events with the kids and I so that he can walk with the kids while I run. I would also like to do some other fun runs and have always dreamed of doing a marathon but I don't know if life will ever let me achieve that dream.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,102 Member
    Options
    Met my short term goal this week....ran over 30 minutes without stopping to walk. On Wed, I ran 40 minutes. Now on to improving my 5K time and then work on a 10K.....baby steps to a marathon.