NSV that not everyone would get

This is silly really, but in some weird way it made me super happy. I couldn't share this on the general forum, because I don't think people would understand. I've been trying to go through piles in my house (a neverending job I think). Anyways, I found my weightwatchers bag with all of my weightwatchers stuff. As I've gone on and off weightwatchers through the years, I've held onto the same bag of materials so that if I need to go back I won't have to buy my stuff again (books that list point values, points calculator, etc...). Weight loss wise I'm not at goal. I have a long ways to go, but I KNOW that this EMTWL philosophy is right. I feel wonderful and energetic and happy and I can't ever imagine going through weightwatchers ever again. EVER!

So you know what I did that I've never been able to do? I threw it in the garbage - where it belongs. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean to offend anybody, but while I'll never know exactly how many calories I was eating while on weightwatchers (due to their point system) I remember how hard it was to stay under points for the day and how I'd have to eat insanely small amounts of food, with the exception being massive heaps of low or no point veggies in an attempt to get full, in order to have enough points to have a decent dinner. And eating something full of healthy fat like avocado or nuts? Forget it - that used so many points that I was left with next to nothing to budget for the rest of the day.

So I'm in this EMTWL way of doing things for life. It's changed my thinking in such a way that I was able to let go of this weightwatchers stuff that I'd been holding onto just in case. I have every confidence that I will never want it again!

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    oh, man! I should do the same! I don't have much but I do have a few books in my cupboard that I've held on to. Cool NSV! :happy:
  • Daymia
    Daymia Posts: 57 Member
    That is a wonderful NSV! Definitely a freeing moment I bet!
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    Fabulous NSV!! I did this too, but in the virtual way when I quit paying for their online program. No regrets!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Great NSV.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Oh yeah it get that one!!! I had to do an online survey the other day about them......never left me any space to say why I wasn't a member anymore ......I only started it because I thought they would have it at the end....grrrrrr. I know I'm eating about 1000 cals a day more and losing everywhere!! We used to get stickers in our book for a loss, it used to piss me off when I wouldn't get one but I knew I was smaller. Way to go SPR :drinker:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    yay! same thing for me.. I was on WW prior to this EMTLW method.. GO GIRL!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I used to do WW and always receive the emails from them begging me to come back. I totally and 100% understand you holding on to those items for so long. I've always gone back to WW when nothing else worked and I hated every second of it.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Oh...and I finally started spamming WW emails!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    My daughter pulled out my weight tracker and all my old planners the other night. I really should toss them too. After learning all I have, i could never go back. Even though I made lifetime once . . . I don't think I could ever agree with their philosophy again. And honestly, I think between losing weight that way twice, and doing South Beach once i did myself a total disservice that I'm paying for now. I lost muscle and replaced it with more fat when I "fell off the wagon" I'm proud of you for having that strength of courage.
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Yay! That's awesome - the great part is knowing you're doing the healthy thing for your body.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Great NSV! Way to go!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    I TOTALLY relate! In fact, two weeks ago I finally threw out all my books and materials from WW! Woo-Hoo! A definite NSV!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Yes!! I did this with my Rosemary Conley stuff, magazines, diet books etc. never thought of it as an nsv but you are so right!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I hear ya! I did the same not too long ago. and I lost 100 pounds on the program prior to marriage:)

I actually did plug in my tracker on here for the first few weeks I was giving MFP a try... I had 38 points a day to eat, and it was coming in around 1400-1500 cals... Now I never could eat my flex points or activity points, so had I actually learned how to do that, Im guessing it would have been closer to 1700 ish for me.. which is still below BMR.

Congrats on getting rid of them:)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    That is Awesome!!! That shows you that this time is the last time that you are going to have to lose weight b/c you are confident in how you are doing it enough to get rid of those things that were for 'just in case this time doesn't work' and now that it's gone you know there is no just in case b/c you don't need it!!!!! Well done you!!!! So happy for you!! :happy:
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    I am so happy! *beaming*!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    :drinker:
    I want to drink the kool aid more every day! so glad I found EMTWL!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    *oh snap*

Thanks bunches :flowerforyou::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm gonna clean out and get rid of a BIG box of various diet books that I've collected (and done:embarassed: ) over the course of 35 years!:noway: TO THE DUMP!!!!:bigsmile: (yer right, it's a BIG NSV)
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    My old WW tools are still sitting on top of the microwave gathering dust where they have been for the last two years.....I think I will keep them for now.....kind of a shrine for the "NEVER AGAIN". :laugh: Big reminder that I don't have to starve to death. :wink: One of these days, I will toss them, but not just yet.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Kickass! Good for you!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    AMEN sista!...Love it! :)