Worth doing once per week?

Options
melry77
melry77 Posts: 43 Member
So I read the book, got our home gym set up, was SO pumped to start, and now absolutely cannot find the time needed except on saturday. Should I do "something else" until I can get my schedule worked out or can I still benefit if I can only do it once a week? I do workout more days per week but this is completely new to me so I feel like I need time and space to focus and concentrate through stage 1 and my life and household just isn't accommodating right now!

Replies

• loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would think that the only benefit would be in getting familiar with the exercises. I wouldn't think that doing them once a week would help you build much strength. Maybe if you could work one or two of the exercises into your daily routine now, that would be enough to get you familiar with the moves, that you could start the program as written in a week or two.

However, I'm pretty new to this myself, so don't take my advice as that of an expert. :smile: I can say, that so far I have loved the program and what it's done for my body. I'm just beginning stage 2.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You will not see results unless you do it at least twice a week, and really the most benefit comes from 3 times a week. Figure out a way to make time (do all your cooking on one day to free up time the rest of the days, wake up earlier, go to be later, if you have an hour to sit on the couch and watch tv, move that tv to where ever you have your weights and lift while you watch).