Alittle help working this out please

sammniamii
sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
Ok, in April I went low-carb. It helped: jump-started my weight loss, gave me more energy, helped with stomach issues/intestinal problems, as well got me eating much healthier (and doc said I needed to do something as he told me I was pre-diabetic)..

But over the last 3 weeks, I've not really lost anything, at least scale wise. I have lost inches (since I started ST w/ cardo). But MFP was adjusting my cals down to 1700. I posted in the "Fitness" section, someone pointed me here, and I spent the rest of the evening reading.

So I think I go the hang of what I need to do, but would like others to check and make sure I've not lost my marbles. (Values from http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/)

65", 263lb, female, light activity level (exercise 2-3 times a week - 45 min, plus now I'm trying to do ST or something on non-gym days)

BMR - 1887
TDEE - 2595
20% calories reduction - 2076 = NET BMR
15% reduction - 2206 = NET BMR

current calories = 2040 (MFP recommended)

45% protein
20% carb
35% fat

So if I understand this correctly, I should eat 2076, or atleast the BMR of 1887. If my exercise nets more than 708, I need to make sure I re-eat those over. Does this sound correct?

Now.... I have a second question: How in the heck am I supposed to eat this much on Low-Carb. A few days I've gotten close to the MFP level (it was @ 1800) but I am now regularly eating below and I'm not hungry (only if I wait too long between meals). Blarg.... sorry, I'm just overstressed @ work, broke (more stress) and annoyed my great start at weight loss has stalled.

Thanks everybody

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Welcome, so glad you found us!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sorry I'm not a math guru, but to answer your second question, not really sure why you're low carbing...is it a gluten thing? If so, there are gluten free breads (Udi is one that comes to mind, also there's always oopsie rolls), and other complex carbs shouldn't bother you. Eating more frequently through out the day will keep your insulin levels from spiking and dropping (every 3 hours or so). Since you're having problems eating all those calories, try upping them by 100-150 a week til you get there Many of us have our diary's open, so go peep around!

Here's the link for the oopsie rolls (it's a low carb site!):

http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-bread-recipes/

Hope someone can help you with the first part, I really am numerically challenged!:ohwell: :laugh:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hey, my macro's are close to what your doing (flip the fat and carbs though and add 10 to protein) but I can give some tips as to what I try to do to get carbs.. I don't always get my macro's 100 percent but definitely try..
    Most of my carbs are coming from fruit and vegetables, cause hey we need to eat those.. but mainly your getting rid of sandwich bread for low carb wraps, not eating cereal... limiting yourself to 1 bread group a day if possible.. (so 1 wrap etc).. avoiding beer :(
    You can look at my diary to get a more idea, I just had all you can eat sushi so ya.. carbs out the window due to rice but it was awesome. Lower carbs is a challenge, I have no idea how people that only eat 20g of carbs can do it.. thats insane..
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Thanks guys/girls... Yes I am doing low carb for several reasons, no gluten, regulate BS and every freaking "low fat" diet I've ever done (2 decades worth of them) has failed in the long term. And my "low carb" version isn't the Atkins/South Beach - I aim to keep my NET carbs between 50 & 100, I could never get as low as 20.

I've upped the veggies & adding more protein, but limit my fruit, not so much because of the carbs, rather I hate squishy things (But I now have a juicer so I may start including more berries and other lower sugar fruits).

And as to breads.... I've tried a couple lower carb versions (even a low carb baking mix) but I get intestinal issues when I do eat them, thus the need for no gluten.

And yes I am considering to start eating more frequently, although heavens help me, I don't know where I'm gonna get the money for all of the stuff (why is healthy food so pricey!).

Hopefully somebody will see the post and double check my math .... I suck @ math