Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Focusing on one body part more than others...

Do you fall victim to this?? If so, which body part is it?

For me it's probably arms/chest because my favorite moves are bench, overhead press, snatches, and rows.

Granted im recruiting other muscles as well--but the main muscle group seems to be arms/chest/back at the expense of lower body work.

Replies

• aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    I luv leg...something about feeling like I'm gonna pass out or throw up keeps me coming back for more..... plus, when I skip, the next time I hit legs, I can hardly walk for a couple of days.....chest would follow close behind. Never lack motivation to hit the gym those days. If I slack at anything, its my back for some reason, just haven't found a routine that gets me excited. Tried changing my routine up, so hopefully that'll change.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Great topic my love. For me it's my chest. My chest has always been slow to respond to training. My legs respond rather quickly to training which is a double edge sword. You have witnessed how difficult it is for me to find comfortable jeans.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    I go through phases where I prefer training certain groups of muscles over the others and the current phase is back. I am still seeing good progress in back strength whereas progress in other muscle groups has slowed down substantially with this damn deficit so back is my current favorite.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Partly injury related but definitely legs. I'll squat til the cows come home :smile:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    I go through phases where I prefer training certain groups of muscles over the others and the current phase is back. I am still seeing good progress in back strength whereas progress in other muscle groups has slowed down substantially with this damn deficit so back is my current favorite.

I love training back, weighted pull ups FTW!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Partly injury related but definitely legs. I'll squat til the cows come home :smile:

How did the Smolov regimen turn out?
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    I've been focusing on arms and shoulders.....gonna try to add in more abs to see what I can do though :)