Trying to wrap my mind around this

dlyeates
dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
So I started eating 2000 calories this week. I'm also still working out but making sure I don't burn so much that I drop below my BMR. I think I'm understanding this so far.

I guess my question is this.....How does EM2WL differ from eating at BMR and eating back your exercise calories? That's kind of how it seems to be now but I guess it's different because on days I don't work out I'm still eating at 2000 calories.

Am I figuring this out right? I really want to do this in a healthy way and make sure that I'm being as healthy as possible. Also, any advice would be awesome!!!

Replies

• dlyeates
    Anyone?!?! Am I doing this right?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello,

The philosophy differs in that we eat at TDEE - 10-20%. This applies to a larger group of people than BMR + exercise calories (as a lot of people have a hard time figuring calories ect.

Plus you want to eat OVER your BMR with this philosophy, and never under.

Also when you eat at TDEE - 10-20% you are consistent day to day on calories, and makes it easier for people to plan and stick to their meals.

With consistency you can see exactly how your body responds to calorie increase or decreases as well. To me, TDEE -10-20% is more scientific in determining how your body responds.
  • dlyeates
    Thanks!!! I think it will feel different for me on a non-workout day!!!