I'm a scale junkie

Options
michellekicks
michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
When I upped my calories to TDEE for 2 weeks before my race I gained about 4.5 lbs over those 2 weeks. I raced well and was able to run fast while I was eating that much, but now that my race is over I am back to a cut... On Tuesday morning I cut my calories back to 1640 net (about 2140 daily to cut... I do the MFP recommendations for .5 lb loss plus eat back all my exercise calories) and those 4.5 lbs are already gone in the first 2 days... so it just proves they were water weight!

Proof is in the pudding... EM2WL works for me!

Edited to add: I haven't really worked out in the last 2 days either - a 5km walk on Tuesday and mowing my lawn yesterday.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this... I did an (almost) 2 week "diet break", about a month ago... I cut it short because 1.) I had never done it before 2.) I saw a 6 pound gain by day 11 and freaked!

The weight has dropped off completely. It was very good for my body, I gained strength, endurance and speed because of the refeed. I am now eating at a slighter deficit then I was before the break and I am continuing to see losses, but my body is happy and I have the strength I need for training.

I, too am a firm believer in the EM2WL mindset :bigsmile:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    so good to know! I gained 10... So they will be gone before I know it ;)