HELPPP Not losing weight!!

saragetsfit13
saragetsfit13 Posts: 46 Member
Im 5"7, 182 lbs and my BMR is 1600, I exercise 3-5 times a week, I've calculated that I should eat 2000 calories if I am to be 20% under my TDEE. Does this sound correct? I've been on a clean diet and intense exercise sessions (bootcamp) for 2 months now and I've only lost 4lbs. Any recommendations?? Thanks xx

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    How many calories have you been eating so far?
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    did you happen to take measurements? Have you noticed clothing is fitting differently? there is a good chance that all your hard work is making your body shape change and build muscle so the numbers on the scale might not be what you want to see but you're still making progress...
  • saragetsfit13
    between 1800 and 2300
  • saragetsfit13
    thanks bsinno clothes are getting loser but progress is veryyyy slow
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    progress doesn't always mean pounds lost. There are some great stickies about why the scale "lies". i always come back to this post when i need help remembering:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580019-the-scale-is-a-lying-torture-device-i-m-proof

if you're cloths are fitting better, your bf% is down and you've lost inches but didnt loose a single pound, it would still be a big victory!
  • saragetsfit13
    wooaaaaaah thats incredible!!!