Who follows the diet???

Options
Innerautumn
Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
How many of you are following the diet? I don't think it is practical for my life as I have a family to feed and don't want to buy all that stuff for me. (I am also a very picky eater!) I have been trying to keep my calories around 1200 just like the meal plan (it says this on the first page of the meal plan guide). I am curious about eating back workout calories. I have read so much on MFP about how you SHOULD eat your exercise calories back and don't NET less than 1200 a day, but this seems to contradict the meal plan. What do y'all think?

Replies

• chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I do most of my breakfasts and lunches through her diet. Otherwise, I do my own thing and have been doing fine with it. I like the steel cut oats and choc chip muffins. For lunch I like the chicken pesto, roasted veggies and stuffed peppers. It is a lot of prep, but I know that I have filling, healthy and tasty lunches! After eating these lunches, I found that just a sandwhich wasn't enough and I was hungry! Some of the choices (ummm squid?!?!)---yeahhhh no thanks!!

As for the colorie thing, I was actually netting under 1200 for most of the program but after reading some different posts, decided to up my calories. I usually burn 600 a day (exercise), so I normally eat around 1800 calories. (Yes, I am eating back most of my exercise calories that I burned.) I don't ever feel hungry and eat lots of fruit, greek yogurt, nuts, etc. Some days I go over 1800 and others I go under. I zig zag the calories to trick my body LOL but I have been eating this way for over 3 weeks and have lost 2.5 lbs in that time. Check out this website and plug in your info and maybe it will be useful for you too! :)http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

:smile:
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I checked out the calculator and it says for "extreme weight loss" eat 1112 calories. That is a lower number than I have seen before. I am down to 133 pounds and am only 5'2" but I still have a lot of fat to lose. I was happy that my pants were baggy today until I saw that they were a size 12!!! I still have a lot of fat to lose. Someone my height with my frame should be a size 6. I think because I am smaller, my BMR is a lot lower. MFP calculates it at just over 1200. I don't want to eat too little and go into "starvation mode" but I also want to keep sheddin' the pounds!