How do you stay motivated?

Options
Innerautumn
Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
I feel like I either have to make this my life or I will flake out. I am trying to really embrace the revolution! I have made myself a sticker chart (as a good first grade teacher would:happy: !), I have changed my ringtone so when I get a call it sings "So you say you want a revolution" and I say "Heck ya, I do!!!", and I am going to reward myself with shopping after the completion of each phase ($50 for phase 1, $100 for 2, and $150 for 3). When I am done with the entire program, I think I might get a tattoo so that I always remember the hard work I did and to remind me not to let myself go again. What do you do to stay motivated?

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on one day at a time. If I think about "the road ahead of me", it feels super overwhelming. I try on some of my clothes that I wore almost 50 lbs ago to remind myself of how far I've come. I can't use the "promise" of buying myself something when I hit a goal because I'll just buy it anyway. I'm trying to truly focus on the positive and focus on each workout, one at a time. I make sure I make a point of making mental notes as I'm doing exercises that, like one-legged push-ups and how "athletic" I feel. That motivates me to do more!
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like that you said how "athletic" you feel. I have never been athletic at all and I think that is a huge victory for me too. I do feel athletic and strong. There is a lot of self improvement that is tied into this exercise thing. I feel like I am WORTH it! That sounds so dumb but everytime I finish a workout, I have so much satisfaction with myself!
  • meranda0804
    Options
    My boyfriend works a 10 hour day on his feet crazy hard work then comes home and does it before dinner every day, if he can do it I have no other excuse but lazy not to do it! I haven't seen these lower numbers in a really long time which makes me feel great and want to work out more. My body has muscle I have never seen before! My best friend gets fitness text from me every day I have started the revolution in her house lol so I can't fall off the wagon with all these eyes on me lol