red face

Options
Mhaney
Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
Is there a vitamin or food or something I can use to reduce the serious "red face" I get when in class and working out? My face gets so red (and it's hot as hell in the room too) that I look like I have a serious sun burn. about 15 minutes into class and I'm lit up like a Christmas tree. It's embarrassing.

Replies

• lucymtodd
    lucymtodd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get that too! It is really embarrassing and a couple of people have said things to me but I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it. it's just the blood pumping round and coming to the surface? some people go red, some people sweat a lot, everyone's different but if someone does have a suggestion I'll give it a go!
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    practice good breathing techniques, I notived as soon as someone taught me how to breathe right (lol!) I stopped getting beat red in the face and now I just sweat like a pig. In through the nose, out through the mouth...
  • stephinpitts
    Options
    I get this, too.

My suggestion is to try to avoid exhaling (or "oomphing") each time that you punch or kick, especially in kata. Some people, myself included, quickly developed a habit of doing this when it wasn't necessary. I had to practice kata (at home) while specifically focusing on the bad habit to break it.

This isn't a perfect fix, but like Clammy said, breathing properly is important to avoid the problem (and just in general). Try to breath normally during each strike unless the kata or strike specifically requires otherwise.

You may also want to get your blood pressure checked.
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Practice a good kihap also, it regulates breathing and forces you to breathe correctly
  • bradhat78
    bradhat78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i use a good foundation from my wifes makeup drawer, it has worked wonders for me
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My ears turn bright red when I am exerting myself. Personally, though, other than my form, how I look is least important thing on my mind. Leave your ego at the edge of the mat. It's not important.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    breathe and stop being so tense, it's slowing you down.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    My instructor is ALWAYS telling us to breathe and relax. Also, the "kia" is important (as stated before) too so that you become more loose while doing drills, poomsae, cardio, etc.
  • chandjm
    chandjm Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree with what others have said: Breath! I have several students that have the same problem orhave overcome it I should say.