Slipped! Should I restart?

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Ok I have been slowly getting off course and today was the worst. I am here to do a little assessment of what happened so I can prevent it in the future. This week TOM was coming. And now I am coming down with the flu while dealing with TOM and I was so exhausted I left work early and took a 4 hour nap. Having bad cravings, I just want some energy I am so tired! So the past few days I have been sneaking some real cheese, a protein bar, and today I had a turkey sandwich, some dark chocolate, cheese and tortilla chips. I actually feel kinda gross, and disappointed in myself and want to get back on track. I am only 8lbs from ltg and now I am going to have to watch the scale go back up!!!

Should I start the 17 days fresh (I am on c1d8) or just pick up and keep on? Advice?
Thanks!

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been slowly getting off course and today was the worst. I am here to do a little assessment of what happened so I can prevent it in the future. This week TOM was coming. And now I am coming down with the flu while dealing with TOM and I was so exhausted I left work early and took a 4 hour nap. Having bad cravings, I just want some energy I am so tired! So the past few days I have been sneaking some real cheese, a protein bar, and today I had a turkey sandwich, some dark chocolate, cheese and tortilla chips. I actually feel kinda gross, and disappointed in myself and want to get back on track. I am only 8lbs from ltg and now I am going to have to watch the scale go back up!!!

Should I start the 17 days fresh (I am on c1d8) or just pick up and keep on? Advice?
    Thanks!

If it were me.......I would just chalk it up to the learning/changing curve and continue on with cycle 1. It is always a dangerous time for me when I am tired/sick/hormonal. Just be very very gentle with yourself. Try to get as much rest as possible. Eat simply, Focus on protein in the most palatable form possible....protein shakes? yogurt? cottage cheese........same with veggies and fruit. And trust that this too shall pass. HUGS, Dyanna
    One of my favorite things to have when I am not feeling well is soup. I throw a bag of frozen cauliflower, garlic, whatever else you want, into chicken broth......cook till mushy......blend, Add a bit of half and half or greek yogurt for a touch of creaminess. season and sip.
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    The opinion in the book is don't restart unless you've gained 5 lbs or been away from the diet for more than 3 weeks (i think it's 3). Just keep going, it'll get easier!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys!
    I feel much better today. I was up 2 lbs but I know that will come off quickly. Just gonna call this day #9 and chalk it up to learning. Soup is a great idea!