Introductions!

2»

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Hi my Name is Herb and my goal is simple. Get in the best shape of my life before my 50th (November 5th) birthday. My goal is to lose the fat and build some muscle.

I would be happy to support others on this journey so please don't hesistate to send a friend request.

Herb
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone! Wow- this is so great! Love the introductions! :) Love the group! Love that we are all here, about to rock our bodies and our minds! :love: I'm telling you, THIS is the time! I feel it!!!!!!! Do you feel it?!?!?!?!?

I wish i had more time this morning to say something to all of you, but I seriously have time for a quick 30 minute Hiit workout, then I'm out the door to a little get together and then to teach pilates... SOOOOOO- I will have to write more tomorrow, but wanted to stop in!

:heart: I hope you are all doing well and off to a good start! We have been working out for about a week, so you should already start to feel some changes! SOME! Not all! For instance, I have noticed that my cravings for "fatty junky processed foods (PIZZA- my weakness" are all but diminished! I am eating right and it's MUCH easier to say "no," or to pass on the junk foods when offered.

:heart: EAT CLEAN ! I'm telling you! Eat as clean as you can, no cheats for 30 days. If you can't make it 30 days, then go at least, AT LEAST 2ish weeks. This will help clean out your system, reset your body and help you focus more on your goals! It's amazing what our taste buds do, what they crave and how quickly they are willing to work with you...

:heart: What do I mean by eating clean!?!? I mean to eat as many WHOLE FOODS AS POSSIBLE! No artificial sugars, no processed junks, nothing that comes in bags (chips, cookies, etc). A good rule of thumb when going grocery shopping is to stay on the perimeters of the store. Have you ever tried it?!?!? It's so easy, cheaper and faster to get in and out!

Okay, well that is it for now! LOVE THE GROUP! LOVE YOUR LIFE! LOVE YOUR BODY... it will LOVE YOU BACK!!!!!! Have a wonderful day all!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    I am 46 years old and my name is Donna. I am married and have 5 children, ages 24, 21, 15, 6, and 3. I live in Sacramento, CA.

I have lost 40 pounds and have about 80 more until I reach goal.

I started trying to lose weight at the end of January. A month and a half ago I was walking 3 1/2 plus miles most days, doing aqua aerobics about 3 days a week, and doing core exercises and small dumbbells throughout the day. Then I had a severe allergic reaction to poison oak (I swell to the point of looking like a comedian stung by a bee on a movie, and it lasts for weeks) which made things tough, I was on steroids and allergy meds and was unable to do much exercise, the day I felt better I started doing my exercises and was so happy I felt so good and then while jogging with my husband pulled something in my leg behind my knee. I am just now beginning to be able to walk (with a limp). So I am ready to start getting back to normal minus the long walks, I will have to build up to that. I did not gain any weight back and lost some during this time, but it had slowed waaaay down. Also, I have polycystic ovary syndrome and this is the first time in my life I feel like my body is actually cooperating with me.

I plan on doing a mud run at the end of October and really want to be able to do all the obstacles in it.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Hi, my name is Jenny. I'm from the Dominican Republic, but live in the UK with my husband and 2 boys (4) and 23 months old. I am 5. 3" and weigh 155 lbs. I need to lose 20_30 lbs lets see how I feel when I get there. thank you for the group.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 833 Member
    Hi all, I'm Jenn. I am 39 years old and have two kids (14,18). My goal is to get back into my racing shape and start racing again, just to prove i'm not too old to do it. My goal is to loss 20 pounds. I have a major bike ride planed in October and I want feel great riding the 500+ miles. I also want to look killer in my Halloween costume.
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Hi everyone! I found the group! YEAH!!! I'll come back after my fitness class and post more...but I'm running late and any later I'll convince myself to not go. :( Exercise is a struggle for me.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Hi, I am Abigail or Abby

I am 28 years old. I am a stay at home mother of two Isabella 23 months and James10 months. I love to read and I am currently working on a degree in Education. My original goal back in Feb. was to lose 50lbs by August. When I realized that was not going to happen anytime soon I decided that I don't really care how long it takes I just want the 50lbs gone. My new goal is to lose all or most by next June. I wanna be Hot Hot Hot for my sister's wedding. If that does not work out there is always next Sept. when my brother is getting married. Either way I don't want to be the fatty trying to hide behind everyone who ends up looking like I can't smile because the photographer is making me super uncomfortable by being in the front row (super short compared to my siblings).

My goal is to lose a total of 50lbs. I gained a little back last week (praying it is a combination of water/salt and some if not all will come back off quickly) so I have 43lbs left to lose. I have been getting into riding bike every morning, doing yoga and have started the C25k. My goal is to start weight training in July just working on finding the right gym for me and the kids (Kim I will look into the gym you suggested this week). On days I don't ride bike I like to try new workout videos on YouTube.
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Hey, everyone! I'm ready to get healthy to gain my life back! I'm a 42 year old wife and mother (5, 13) and I also work full-time as a teacher. I have over 100+ to lose.

I thought about my goal. I don't have a number in mind. I would like to lose at least 20lbs. and keep it off. My goal would be to lower my blood pressure to get off of meds. I am facing knee replacement surgery, but I weigh too much for the partial replacements. I also want to start a routine where I exercise, eat smarter and drink more H20.

DH and I are *thinking* about visiting our family this Christmas. Last time we went we flew and I was so nervous that I wouldn't fit in the seat. We bought an extra ticket just in case (he booked on Southwest). I didn't need an extra seat, but it wasn't that comfortable--my boys sat next to me. This time, we fly, I want to board that plane with confidence that I'll have no issues and no fear that I'll be asked to leave the flight. Yes, my mind went there.

Looking forward to getting to kick some bootie with you all.