30's Daily - 6/22

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    I got back to lifting today. I had to skip Wed because my hand was too bruised to hold a weight. I still wasn't able to do planks because of the skinned arm/elbow, but hopefully by Monday's lifting session I will be top form :smile:

I need to tighten up the calorie-belt so to speak, I've been going over a bit here and there, and on the average I appear to be about 1825 cals/daily when I should be at 1750. No wonder I've been playing with the same lb!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    This has to go down as one of the harder log posts I've ever done. The crushing realisation has hit me that I've lost too much weight way too fast. I hope you guys are still reading and not scrolling away in disgust. Since January of this year I've lost 77.5 lbs and up to now it's felt great. People compliment me in the street. Ask me to share my secrets and then look dismayed when i say it's hard work and will power. But lately I've been suffering from dizzy spells. I nearly fainted in my kitchen when i jumped out of my chair and ran to the stove when a pot boiled over. At the end of a long day my legs have this dull ache. I eat and it goes away. But i keep kidding myself that everything's fine. I look in the mirror and i feel great because my neck and my shoulders look good. Then i see my stomach and the mounds of loose skin and i feel down. I had thought this was all i ever wanted and I'm past where I wanted to get too and i feel lousy. I'm going to have to up my calories as It's clear that i'm hurting myself now.
    I see you guys on here every day and i read your posts and see how proud you guys are of how you're doing. And you should be. Just please be careful and don't make the mistakes that i have. It's really not worth making yourself ill guys. You are all living healthy lifestyles and that benefits the long game. There's plenty of time for us all so don't overdo it OK.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Joined the group a few days back but not a regular poster... yet. Couple of questions for ya's. Is there any way to be notified if a thread gets updated or do you just bookmark them and check back? Also, any runners on here?

PJ, I completely understand wanting to make it to your goal fast and that is a very good reminder. Don't let it get you don't though. Keep hydrated, use lots of lotion/vitamin E and eat more calories and you'll be fine. Great progress none the less.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Welcome Randy (?). There's no way to subscribe to a thread, but if you comment in one it goes into your activity section of your profile and you can find it easily that way. I'm a beginning runner, did my first 5k in May and shooting for a 5 miler in August. Curlypep is doing c25k right now.

Paul - I know you have complained here and there about being dizzy but I didn't realize it was so often. Definitely eat more to fuel all those workouts you are doing. Are you at least eating your BMR? I think 'they' say to take a 2 week break from a diet every 3 months to stay healthy, so perhaps go to maintenance for a few weeks? (and don't freak out if a few lbs sneak back on!) Hopefully with time and more calories, the rest of your body/skin will catch up. Maybe take a multivitamin too. Don't beat yourself up either.

Tonight's plan changed so I ended up being a bit over cals, not a big deal, but WAY over on sodium :grumble:
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Thanks Debbie and Randy welcome to the group. Had a long chat tonight with my fiance tonight and then called my trainer. My trainer was shocked but not surprised as she had noticed that i was continuing to lose weight. She's coming over on Sunday to look over my diet and come up with a plan for me. Until then I'm to keep my carbs up and eat my 2500 per day without fail. It will be tough as i went from 1800 to 2000 recently and now to 2500. I had my focus set but now i can see it was hurting me. I will try not to beat myself up too much but it's tough and i feel like a fool. I clearly need to increase my calories as the amount of exercise i get is pretty high. Let's see what Katy my trainer has to say. She's confident i can get back on the right track with some extra guidance. I must admit i am looking forward to flexing my chef muscles this weekend and making some pasta dishes.

Take it easy guys and thanks for letting me vent.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Paul, don't feel bad about wanting to achieve a goal! I think we've all made those same mistakes. I had myself on 1300 calories a day for almost a year and 2400 is my maintenance level! For me, the deprivation led to binge eating. I have definitely struggled with some food issues over the years and I really have to say good for you for reaching out to your fiancé and your trainers for help. Its tough to accept that adjustment but once you start feeling better (which happens quickly) you will never want to go back!

Hi Randy, welcome. I do some running here and there. Have a 10K coming up on July 4.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's Randy. Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to getting to know you guys. I've just recently started the C25k program. Used to be a runner back in my Navy days but that was some time ago. Trying to get back into it. Tomorrow is W1D3. Looking forward to week 2.

Paul, it takes a strong person to ask for help so good on ya, you'll do great!

Ellie, 10k wow. Love it! I have a thing for CO also. Never been but told myself I would move there in a year’s time lol. Everyone I know has so many wonderful things to say about living out that way. Might have to learn how to do a winter sport though lol.
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Yeah, it's Randy. Thanks for the welcomes and looking forward to getting to know you guys. I've just recently started the C25k program. Used to be a runner back in my Navy days but that was some time ago. Trying to get back into it. Tomorrow is W1D3. Looking forward to week 2.

Paul, it takes a strong person to ask for help so good on ya, you'll do great!

Thanks man. Feel a bit better today both in mind and body. Had a long night at work but home now watching a little Man v Food. Have a good day gang
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Randy, you would be surprised how many people in CO don't do any winter sports! Plus since the its usually sunny here (300 days of the year) as long as you can put up with the cold you can pretty much keep up with whatever your non-winter sport is. It is definitely a nice place to live!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thanks Debbie and Randy welcome to the group. Had a long chat tonight with my fiance tonight and then called my trainer. My trainer was shocked but not surprised as she had noticed that i was continuing to lose weight. She's coming over on Sunday to look over my diet and come up with a plan for me. Until then I'm to keep my carbs up and eat my 2500 per day without fail. It will be tough as i went from 1800 to 2000 recently and now to 2500. I had my focus set but now i can see it was hurting me. I will try not to beat myself up too much but it's tough and i feel like a fool. I clearly need to increase my calories as the amount of exercise i get is pretty high. Let's see what Katy my trainer has to say. She's confident i can get back on the right track with some extra guidance. I must admit i am looking forward to flexing my chef muscles this weekend and making some pasta dishes.

You will feel better PJ! You are extremely active, so I'm sure you need those 2500 cals a day. There's several calculators out there that can help you figure out how much you really need based on your exercise and such. Scooby is one that a lot of people use. The link: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    If you'd like more support, I highly recommend checking out the MFP group Eat More to Weigh Less. Good luck!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options

You will feel better PJ! You are extremely active, so I'm sure you need those 2500 cals a day. There's several calculators out there that can help you figure out how much you really need based on your exercise and such. Scooby is one that a lot of people use. The link: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    If you'd like more support, I highly recommend checking out the MFP group Eat More to Weigh Less. Good luck!

Thank you Sonya for your kind words. I've been on the higher calorie diet today and I feel better. Have had a couple of minor dizzy spells but nothing serious. I was up all last night with work and I think my lethargy today is more about lack of sleep than calories. I'll have a look at the links you posted. Thanks again :smile: