Cardio? Weights? Hmmm...which one?

Options
Healthymom207
Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
Cardio? Weights? Which one should you do? Both, I say.

If you want maximum benefits and maximum results, well you need to do both. Cardio is great for endurance, burning calories and for fatloss. So many people tell me that they do a gillion sit-ups every night but they still have no abs. Well, if porky pig is sitting on your stomach you won't see abs. No amount of sit-ups are going to help you if you have fat sitting on top of them. Cardio will help burn the fat to reveal your abdominal muscles below. How much cardio? Well that depends on you, your schedule, your goals, your determination. I suggest a healthy amount of cardio is atleast 3 days a week for 30 minutes, try not to push more than 6 days though....your body does need a break.

Time and time again I see people eating a low calorie diet and then doing hours of cardio......cardio can burn alot of calories, but you can't starve your body if you want to see results. If you are on a low calorie diet of 1200 calories then you burn 1000 calories doing cardio (1200-1000=200) your only left with 200 calories for your body to survive on. Some people think that's great, they lose the weight fast.....wrong....in fact, you could put on weight. Eating less than 1200 calories a day can put your body into starvation mode, it will slow your metabolism and your fat loss. Your body will be screaming for food and fat, in return it will not expel any fat....it will hold onto it and turn the food you eat into fat. YIKES, right. So eat your exercise calories please for the love of God, quit starving yourself....just eat clean foods. Who doesn't want to eat more.....woohoo.....i love when i can eat more calories from exercising.

Then onto weights, oh weights, I love them heavy suckers. Weights are so beneficial in your weightloss goals. Adding muscle onto your body will not only speed up your metabolism, burn more calories, burn more fat.......it will burn more calories when your sleeping and when your sitting on your butt watching Real Housewives of the O.C.....yes, you can still watch Real Housewives. By adding muscle to your body you will see faster results, who doesn't want that.

"I started weight training but the scale isn't moving?" This is another popular complaint by so many. Most people say muscle weighs more than fat, they actually weigh the same......it's the size that is different. One pound of fat is larger in scale compared to one pound of muscle. It's like saying 1 candy bar = 100 skittles....they may weigh the same, but the skittles takes up more space. So to fix this scale dilemna you need to start measuring yourself. You may be losing fat, but gaining muscle. Take your measurements, weekly...monthly...what ever floats your boat.

The important thing with having a healthier life and healthier body is not to think of it as a diet. Make small changes, here and there....make a lifestyle change for the long run, not for a week. Yo-Yo dieting will get you no where fast, stick to consistency. You've got to be in it to win it.

Replies

• relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this i find it really helpful!!!!!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I'm adding weights to my workout right now, I've already made a workout plan. :D