Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hairstyle of the day!

2»

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Thank you, curvimami! I really like my hair darker. :smile: It will wash out in a few months, though. I really don't understand why my hair sheds darker colors. It'll end up dark auburn again, though. Meh. I flirt with the idea of going blond sometimes, but I think that will wash me out.

And, I'm pretty partial to the baby cuteness, myself. :bigsmile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I'm going to have to try the two braids bun one! The sock bun is cute, too, but my hair just won't smooth down enough to make it work. But the baby is precious!
  • emirror
    My haircolor is already fading. :noway: :angry: :explode: :mad: I'm thinking of switching brands, and maybe going soft black instead of brown/black. Maybe it will stick better?

Other than that, I tried the sockbun curl thing according to the youtube tutorial, and it came out fabulously! The secret seems to be starting with dry hair, and then dampening the tail just enough to make it curl, but not so much that it doesn't have time to dry. It's also easier to sleep in than the two buns at the back of the head.

So, has anyone done a hairstyle they want to share? I'm kinda playin' by myself here!!! :tongue:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    My haircolor is already fading. :noway: :angry: :explode: :mad: I'm thinking of switching brands, and maybe going soft black instead of brown/black. Maybe it will stick better?

Other than that, I tried the sockbun curl thing according to the youtube tutorial, and it came out fabulously! The secret seems to be starting with dry hair, and then dampening the tail just enough to make it curl, but not so much that it doesn't have time to dry. It's also easier to sleep in than the two buns at the back of the head.

So, has anyone done a hairstyle they want to share? I'm kinda playin' by myself here!!! :tongue:

I usually only wear wash n go's because my hair is so curly. But Im going to try something that will work with these curls. Dont want you playing by yourself Emirror.lol :embarassed:
  • emirror
    Ha! I didn't mean it that way, and you know it! :laugh:
  • Curvimami
    Ha! I didn't mean it that way, and you know it! :laugh:

lol. :laugh: I swear I tried my best not to make it come out that way either. to no avail I see.lol
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    I tried the double sock buns on Friday night.... Still no luck, though it THOUGHT about working this time. I had a mini curl at the ends, but as son as the full weight of my hair hit it, it was back to wall impersonations :grumble: I WILL get this!
    After the fail, ended up in a regular "I've got house work to do" double braid. Nothing fancy. Just boring braids that stayed out of my face while scrubbing and vacuuming :laugh: Maybe I'll try something "adventurous" over the weekend.
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Love those looks! I've done the dutch braid on my daughter...she had someone do it at a fair and I watched them. They called it a hunger games braid, lol.

I have such a hard time doing a bunch of different things to my hair. I usually just end up throwing it up in a hairband/bun/loopy thing to keep it out of my way while I'm working. I love learning new things! :)
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    I'm trying this tonight! I'll let y'all know how it goes!

http://caraloren.blogspot.com/2012/05/wavy-curls-tutorial.html

That is the wrong link. Sorry!!! Here is what I meant to post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rHMToYsF4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Actually, I love both of those videos! :-D Thank you for posting!
  • emirror
    SCF - I'm glad you liked the videos! If you try it out, post some photos!!! :bigsmile:

Well, I'm getting wrinkles. Boo! So, it's either botox, or bangs. Bangs are cheaper, so here we go!

Before (sorry for the bad lighting, bad hair, no makeup, etc. This was actually a pic to check face fat, not my hair, but it's from last night... anyway.)

7556453316_7f9d59d780_n.jpg

After!!!
    7556453186_f0c639c7f6_n.jpg7556453154_b646e4c527_n.jpg

My hair is flat ironed on the bangs and then lightly throughout. What do you think? Should I brave the wrinkles and grow it back out, or stick with bangs?
  • Curvimami
    SCF - I'm glad you liked the videos! If you try it out, post some photos!!! :bigsmile:

Well, I'm getting wrinkles. Boo! So, it's either botox, or bangs. Bangs are cheaper, so here we go!

Before (sorry for the bad lighting, bad hair, no makeup, etc. This was actually a pic to check face fat, not my hair, but it's from last night... anyway.)

7556453316_7f9d59d780_n.jpg

After!!!
    7556453186_f0c639c7f6_n.jpg7556453154_b646e4c527_n.jpg

My hair is flat ironed on the bangs and then lightly throughout. What do you think? Should I brave the wrinkles and grow it back out, or stick with bangs?

Awww your're still so pretty even without makeup... Emirror I think you're losing it thinking you have wrinkles, though. Anyways the bangs look really good too. Such a chameleon. But since you DONT really have wrinkles I say if you want to grow your hair back out, that would be good too.
  • emirror
    Admittedly, they are pretty small wrinkles, and they don't seem to show up in most of my photos. But I can see them, and makeup amplifies them, so, you know, I get obsessive. :laugh:
  • emirror
    It has been a few days, and I'm still loving the bangs. I feel like I get a lot more wear out of a shampooing, and I feel more glamorous, maybe? I've gotten back into wearing fake eyelashes, too, so now my eyes really pop. For the first time since the new baby, I feel really, truly pretty. It's pretty awesome. :bigsmile:
  • Curvimami
    It has been a few days, and I'm still loving the bangs. I feel like I get a lot more wear out of a shampooing, and I feel more glamorous, maybe? I've gotten back into wearing fake eyelashes, too, so now my eyes really pop. For the first time since the new baby, I feel really, truly pretty. It's pretty awesome. :bigsmile:

Awwww, that sounds pretty awesome. Im sure you look Hott with those lashes as well. #HOTmama :smile:
  • emirror
    Thanks, Curvi!

Alrighty, here is what I do when I wear my hair down, then an option for second-day hair! (Second day hair is when you don't wash/rinse it the next day. In this pic it's just a low side ponytail, nothing fancy, just quick!)
    First Day:
    7600957956_6db0528b3a_m.jpg

Second day!
    7604630712_cc78063fd5_m.jpg

As an aside, I'm coming up on my two-year anniversary of growing out my hair! So here are the pics from that!

July 2010:
    7601048122_ef085dc6bd_m.jpg

July 2011:
    7601052042_12e9c65461_m.jpg7601056410_a9d471b71d_m.jpg

July 2012:
    7600967194_d43a69edbd_m.jpg

I've trimmed about 8 inches during the two years I've been growing it out. You can see my natural color in the 2011 pic; now I'm dying my hair dark brown / soft black. I'm slowly going darker and darker, and I love the dark color so much more than my natural auburn! The auburn is super-pretty, but it does mean things to my complexion. I end up looking really ruddy if I try to not wear any makeup. Not cool.
  • Curvimami
    Is it just me, or does it appear that Emirror is aging backwards??? Got a curious case of the Benjamin Button do we? :laugh:
  • emirror
    Haha! Thank you! I think I look a lot younger with short hair. I'm getting carded all the time now! I always ask them to humor me and guess my age, and I'm getting 23-26. :bigsmile:
  • SixCatFaerie

Personally, I think you look better with bangs than without & definitely darker hair. Love your natural color, but the darker hair makes your eyes pop! (fake eyelashes do help, but the darker hair makes your eye color pop) :flowerforyou:
  • SixCatFaerie

Haven't gotten around to trying anything yet. My hair is down to my rear & it takes forever to do anything with it! If I do ever get around to it I'll definitely post photos! :bigsmile:
  • emirror
    SCF - Thanks for the compliments on the bangs and color! I'm still loving it! :-D I am so much happier with my hair getting longer. Because of all the time I've spent on my long hair forum, I'm totally desensitized to hair my length being considered long. If someone asked me, I'd say mine is short to medium. Anyway, I can't wait until mine is as long as yours!

Please do try some stuff out and post it here! I haven't gotten anyone to play with me on this thread yet!!! :smile: