NSV!...NSV!...NSV!...BUT...

txsgirlK
txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
So my 25 yr HS reunion was last weekend. I recieved a ton of compliments on how I looked, that my skin looks great, I don't look my age, I've lost weight, etc....NSV!!

A co-worker told another co-worker that she was really starting to notice how much weight I have lost...24 pounds since Jan 2012 and NOTHING for the last 2 months but she is just now noticing...NSV!!

A rep from an imaging company that we use was in today. She was just here 2 weeks ago and said nothing. But today she said "Wow, I can really tell that you are losing weight!"....NSV!!

BUT....now all I want to do is go eat a bacon cheeseburger and fries with a REAL coke since recieving all the compliments!! Does anyone else have that issue?! What do you do to get past the craving? I know I COULD give in if I really wanted to because I don't believe in having a list of NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT foods. But I know I would feel like crap afterwards...so I'm going to try hard not to give in!

(BTW, I have not lost a single pound in 2 mths but I must be losing inches for everyone to be noticing a change again)

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    haha I have those moments for sure. I love cheeseburgers.

My solution: I eat it. I do my best to plan my day around my Cheeseburger meal, get as close to my macros as possible, staying at my cut. So I have nothing to feel bad about, even ate the french fries! :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    The thing is that you COULD have whatever you wanted!!!:laugh:

BIG BIG CONGRATS on ALL of your NSVs :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

THAT'S what this is all about~ not that dumb ole scale:grumble::noway:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Awesome NSV! About the cheeseburger - I'm no help there. I'd say eat it and include it in your day. That being said, I do get the whole "feeling like crap" thing afterwards, as in some places make me feel physically sick. So if it's that sort of feeling like crap, versus guilt then I would say to avoid it and indulge in something else that you love that won't make you feel sick!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    So my 25 yr HS reunion was last weekend. I recieved a ton of compliments on how I looked, that my skin looks great, I don't look my age, I've lost weight, etc....NSV!!

A co-worker told another co-worker that she was really starting to notice how much weight I have lost...24 pounds since Jan 2012 and NOTHING for the last 2 months but she is just now noticing...NSV!!

A rep from an imaging company that we use was in today. She was just here 2 weeks ago and said nothing. But today she said "Wow, I can really tell that you are losing weight!"....NSV!!

BUT....now all I want to do is go eat a bacon cheeseburger and fries with a REAL coke since recieving all the compliments!! Does anyone else have that issue?! What do you do to get past the craving? I know I COULD give in if I really wanted to because I don't believe in having a list of NO YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT foods. But I know I would feel like crap afterwards...so I'm going to try hard not to give in!

(BTW, I have not lost a single pound in 2 mths but I must be losing inches for everyone to be noticing a change again)

I love hearing about NSV's!!!! Congrats:drinker: !!!!!

Some times when I am really really craving something I go and get it and then I just eat half and then log it and move on!!! I love the fact that if I really wanted too I could have the whole thing, but usually half is a enough to statisfy my craving.
  • txsgirlK
    Awesome NSV! About the cheeseburger - I'm no help there. I'd say eat it and include it in your day. That being said, I do get the whole "feeling like crap" thing afterwards, as in some places make me feel physically sick. So if it's that sort of feeling like crap, versus guilt then I would say to avoid it and indulge in something else that you love that won't make you feel sick!

It's definitely a physical feeling, not emotional, lol! But it tastes so darn good while I'm eating it. I just feel so bloated and yucky after. Maybe because I'm not used to eating like that all the time anymore?
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    people don't know how much you weight and so the number is irrelevent to them i guess. they do see inches going down though as that reflects the outward fat loss.

Well done and your getting results but just not on the scale which we all watch mistakenly. We're all guilty of it i reckon

:flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Congratulations on all your NSV-that's awesome

And if you crave that cheesburger-just eat a bit of it and not the whole thing. Maybe that makes you feel better the next day
  • bump cuz i'm just like this
  • txsgirlK
    Congratulations on all your NSV-that's awesome

And if you crave that cheesburger-just eat a bit of it and not the whole thing. Maybe that makes you feel better the next day

Thank you! And, Lol, easier said than done! I could probably just order the Jr or kids size and not eat all the bun cause that is what fills me up and bloats me!
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member

Thank you! And, Lol, easier said than done! I could probably just order the Jr or kids size and not eat all the bun cause that is what fills me up and bloats me!

I was just going to say, if you're not eating many grains any more, it's probably the bread that's the problem. Just skip it (or most of it) and enjoy the rest!