Confused.com

Options
Hello everyone!

So I have been eating at TDEE-15% most days, and some days (when I fly, and have different time zones to contend with), I have even gone over. I have tried not to eat less than my BMR of 1400.

I THOUGHT for a while that all was headed in the right direction. Then wednesday happened. A BIG party happened.....and I just about SQUEEZED into a dress that fit perfectly before! WTF??? Absolutely devastated! I have been exercising (read more weights) consistently, and fuelling my body as well. I know my eating hasn't been super clean AT ALL, but I thought, with all the exercise things would even out. Feeling super dejected and wanting to throw the towel in. The only thing keeping me going is the successes I am reading about on here.

I swing now between going no cal (Dukan)/ doing weight watchers (done all this with success, and then the inevitable plateau) or just going on as per normal. SO confused!!

What do I do? Where am I going wrong???

What do I do

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating more? What was your calories like prior to eating at your Cut?

If you are still new to eating more, then do not despair. Its absolutely normal for the body to retain massive amounts of water and hold on to everything you have because it has no idea when you are going to feed it next. If you were on a VLC diet before, then its even more the reason why your "gaining" in inches. Also, if you have just started weight training, then this is reason #3 you are gaining in inches..

It is not all true gains. Your body is definitely hanging on to everything, and holding on to a lot of water. You must give it some time to work. Its not a quick fix program. This is something that can take a few months before things start to even out and go back down. This is why a lot of us have chosen to do the reset for 6-8 weeks.. give our bodies the chance to know we arent starving it and then go for the Cut and lose the weight. I was at Cut for about 6-8 weeks prior, and unfortunately the scale still wouldnt budge.. so here I am at TDEE.. and the inches are definitely increased on me which I feel your pain.. sucks..

Have faith. Give yourself some time. It does not happen overnight.. or even over a few weeks for most of us..