Books on Nutrition/Fitness/Recovering from Eating Disorders?

AprilRenewed
AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
Anyone have any good book recommendations? I thought about the New Rules book, but that's also a guide. I want a good book that doesn't give me ANOTHER workout, you know what I mean? Especially one you need a gym for since I'm not going to get a gym membership. I have my own gym in my basement, thank you! :smile:

I want a book about nutrition and eating properly and health and fitness...I'm thinking of Tony Horton's book. Anyone read that one? If so, thoughts? I want a book that doesn't say I need to eat 1200 calories just because I'm a small girl. I need a book that gives me info I don't already know

Maybe books about...eating disorders? To help me get out of my terrified mindset?

I don't know...just looking for fitness book recommendations. LOL

Anyone know of anything good?

Replies

• GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Jorge Cruise 8 minuets in the morning extra easy workout. He talks about emotional eating, accepting yourself and your body and healthy nutrition. then talks about srength training. now I am taking a christian based course called In His Image on settingthecaptivesfree.com. It is very helpful to me for undereating. they have one for over eaters called the Lord's table.
  • AprilRenewed
    Jorge Cruise 8 minuets in the morning extra easy workout. He talks about emotional eating, accepting yourself and your body and healthy nutrition. then talks about srength training. now I am taking a christian based course called In His Image on settingthecaptivesfree.com. It is very helpful to me for undereating. they have one for over eaters called the Lord's table.

Oh, that sounds perfect! I need both of those, unfortunately. LOL. Thank you! I"m going to take a look now!
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    A course in weight loss [21 spiritual lessons for surrendering your weight forever] by Williamson, Marianne, 1952-

This was recommended by a psychologist. I have not read it yet (picking it up tomorrow from the library), but as the title seems to suggest, it works on the spiritual side of losing weight and getting over the eating disorder.
  • vatblack
    vatblack Posts: 221 Member
    I have an eating disorder that is the opposite of anorexia and bulimia - I eat out of self punishment more than because I'm tired, bored etc. It is the same problem the symptoms are merely different. That is why the book was recommended to me. Just thought I'd clarify the context.
  • AprilRenewed
    I am a born-again Christian, so the spiritual side of eating disorders is not out of my realm. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    you are most welcome. it is helping me a lot taking it. the Jorge Cruise book is helping me also.