Have I got this right?

Options
moss11
moss11 Posts: 236 Member
Firstly thanks for all the useful info and forward thinking information on here. It is a real eye opener.
I have been using a monthly subscription website to count calories and have had steady progress eating about 1850 calories daily. Have changed to this one as the support is so much more appropriate to slowly reducing weight and "HAVING A LIFE"!!!! Anyway are you saying I should custom alter my Goals. MFP calculates1530 then would add on my exercises calories, I think. I know at that level i will binge and never sustain it, However I know I can lose slowly on 1850 and maybe a bit more on exercise days. Scooby calculates TDEE 2149 and with 15%reduction 1827. Question do i I custom alter MFP to calories 1827?? Don't feel I need to do a reset as I have been slowly losing which is much more sustainable long term. Thank you so much for reading this, please advise!
Edit to add even more confused now I added my exercise which was 286 calls and MFP has upped my eating goal today by that amount so now it says I can eat over 2000 cals, should I not have custom altered my goals and left it at 1530????

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome.

You want to do a custom goal of around 1850 calories. As far as exercise calories go, if you are using the scooby site, that already includes exercise calories so you do not need to add them back in unless you are netting under your bmr. How you decide to keep track of your exercise calories is really up to you. Personally, I edit my exercise to say 1 calorie because I don't want it messing up my daily calories for the day. Alternately you can just keep an eye on that "magic number". I am keeping track of my burns on a spreadsheet that someone posted on here awhile ago...sorry, its probably buried...:(
  • chriswolffg
    Options
    I have been looking around here for a bit and I have the whole tdee down. My questions is.....on here should I be watching my food number or my net number? I hope that makes sense.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you Momoffiveki. I think I am starting to get the hang of this. Will probably just keep my eye on my TDEE as I like to see what I have burned.:)