Staying Motivated

Options
maryhm1
maryhm1 Posts: 56 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm 41, 5'3", and have just become unmotivated. I've let 10 lbs creep up on me over the past couple of years. Seriously, for the past year I have said every week "I'm starting my diet this week!". My family just rolls their eyes at me now, because day 1 is generally as far as I get. I know that religiously tracking my calories is the best thing for me, so I started doing that last Saturday with MFP. Have gone from 127.6 to 125.8 in one week! I know I'm on the right path- staying on it is the hard part. I think that when I'm in the 120s, it just doesn't sound so bad, so even though I know I look and feel better around 115-118, the motivation just isn't there. Now, if I see 130 on the scale, it's panic mode and I'll get focused for a couple of weeks to lose...but panic subsides and laziness seeps back in as soon as that 3 turns into a 2! Well, it's time for that 2 to turn into a 1.

My plan right now is to stay around 1200 calories a day, with one high calorie day thrown in every 7-10 days. I am VERY sedentary. If I can get the motivation to add in some exercise, I'll up my calories. It's just so hot outside though, and I hate exercising indoors. Ugh. Excuses, I know, but such is my life. Anyone else in the same boat? Maybe we can keep each other motivated, get to goal, and STAY there!

Replies

• EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey just had to say that you do look 41! OMG you look in your twenties!

Anyway on to the weight loss haha! Well done on your weight loss this week, that's great! I know what you mean about a lack of motivation! I have the same problem, I think mainly as none of my friends or family are trying to lose weight so when I go to check the calories etc I feel as though I'm being a bore!

I think you're plan of 1200 calories will definitely get rid of the weight, I've been on 1290 (when I've stuck to it!) for the past 25 days and I've lost 7lbs so far. I know it's not the hugest amount, but it's better than nothing! :)

I think the plan of a cheat day is also a good one!
  • maryhm1
    maryhm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in less than a month is AWESOME, Emma! And thanks for the compliments...especially coming from a 20ish year old! It is hard when no one else is dieting with you. I have a husband who works construction and loves his sweets, and a 17 year old son who can (and will!) eat anything. It's not fair to deprive them of the stuff they want to (and can) eat, and I've had a hard time keeping my paws off that stuff. Chips, cookies, snack cakes, etc.... Which is where this 10lbs snuck on me from!

My "cheat day" is today. Mainly just to throw off my body and not let it get used to the same 1150-1250 caloric intake every day. I'm having sushi for dinner tonight, and then going to get banana pudding for dessert. I've been craving it for some reason, and hey- it has potassium! I'm always in need of some extra potassium! ;) Looks like I'll be at around 1600-1700 for the day.