Official EM2WL stance on clean eating

Options
2»

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think one of the guidelines of EMTWL is to use your head and be reasonable. That's pretty much what everyone has been saying. There is no prescribed plan that you seem to be searching for.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I think one of the guidelines of EMTWL is to use your head and be reasonable. That's pretty much what everyone has been saying. There is no prescribed plan that you seem to be searching for.

I'm not looking for a plan- I'm looking for an answer on "Is clean eating required to do the EM2WL plan'. That's it- not about health food in general or how many carbs to eat- specifically about clean eating.

I'm looking for an answer to this question-
    Is clean eating required by Eat More To Weigh Less?
    If yes- what definition are we using?
    If no or other- fine.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    But it doesn't appear to be "fine" with you gemiwing! I know im not officially an EXPERT on this, but with 40 yrs of trying to eat healthy i think i have some experience. We all have different lifestyles, tastes,requirements and whilst personally I understand the general "eating clean" I couldn't commit to only organic, no additives, no sugary fatty treats now and then. Trying to be perfect would be the main reason for my previous failures. If you want a stance from your suggestions then I'll go with " It's clean if it's washed" :),
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Eating clean, health, and raw is just smart. It doesn't matter what "program" you're on.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I'm not looking for a plan- I'm looking for an answer on "Is clean eating required to do the EM2WL plan'. That's it- not about health food in general or how many carbs to eat- specifically about clean eating.

I'm looking for an answer to this question-
    Is clean eating required by Eat More To Weigh Less?
    If yes- what definition are we using?
    If no or other- fine.

Like the others before me, I am no expert either but if I had to answer your question I would say NO, eating CLEAN is not REQUIRED by EM2WL.

Eating healthy, wholesome foods that are as un-processed as possible, as often as possible is always the best way to go. But to say that you must eat PERFECT foods 100% of the time is just not realistic for most people and like someone just said, trying to be a PERFECT ANYTHING is how we've failed in the past.