a CONFUSING NSV...please advise?

Options
believeandtry
believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
Although it is a NSV, my story involves a scale. Before i started, I was maintaining my weight at 145 for over a year, eating about 1500-1600 calories. Then from April to mid May, I have increased my caloric intake to 1800 (netting BMR). During that time, I gained 7-8 lbs and was up to 152.6. Today marks the end of week 1 of my full reset eating at around 2200 calories a day. I forgot to mention that i have been doing Crossfit (heavy lifitng and cardio; it is kind of like intense aerobic classes that are 1 hr long).

Because I wasn't metnally prepared for it and because it is that time of month, I was not going to get on a scale today or for the next 5 weeks! BUT, i went to go get dunked and get my body fat tested via the hydrostatic tank things. So i got on a scale: weighed in at 154.6 (not bad, i accepted this and moved on).

THe NSV comes in when I get my results. The guy gave me a printout and said I was at 20% BF! I was so excited but immediately confused. Because in the printout, it said if i were to have 16% body fat, i would need to lose 10 lbs of fat which would put me at 145 lbs (my starting weight before the reset). lets just say when i was 145, i did not look like i had 16% body fat... Many people on the boards say that this weight gain during the reset is temporary and not real fat. Does that mean i technically would have had 20% body fat before when i was eating 1500-1600 calories a day? and does that mean that I would be 135 lbs to have 16% body fat?

Before the reset, I fit comfortably in size 8 pants. now they are a little tight...well a lot tight and might need size 10s soon, after all I am only 1 week into a FULL Reset. In all honesty, I still see a roll on my belly , and i have seriously arm jiggle and thunder thighs (especially inner thighs). I would love to just see myself get tighter and lose those pockets of fat and all over as well...how do i get there?! i already eat clean and lift heavy and have been for a while. I am just kind of confused about the results i got to day with my testing, but glad it helped me realize that the "goal #" isn't too important. if it were, I would try to get to a perfect weight in my opinion of 125 but I might as well need to die since my lean body mass=123 lbs. anyways, i am confused about the body fat, weight so if anyone can please advise, and also let me know if the cut after 8 weeks of full reset will help me cut the fat and get me to be leaner that would be great! Thank you for reading my long ramble. Have a great Saturday!

Replies

• believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bummping!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I can try to explain it somewhat, maybe.. ok here goes.. So your doing Crossfit which you said is heavy lifting and cardio... your thinking weight and body fat are tied together.. so to get 16% BF you need to lose 10 lbs of Fat.. your whole weight doesn't consist of fat.. you have muscle in there, and guess what weighs more.. muscle. So even if your scale went up your BF went down meaning you are gaining muscle, you may not see it now but the test says its there. I would say good job.