What Do You Think of the Rules?

Options
2»

Replies

• bears461
    bears461 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Read the book and have started to follow some of the rules. I need to start all 25 to see if I can start to shed this weight that has been controlling me all my life.
  • Lisa_K_
    Lisa_K_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the rules and re-read them when I need a reminder as well. It is very hard to get all the protein and fiber called for. Having a serving of oatmeal and an egg in the morning is tough to get it all down sometimes!

Going to bed hungry was a hard one for me. As a society, we are taught this is tragic. I also have levels of hunger that I can tolerate at bedtime. One is where I can get to sleep, the other is screaming gut that will not let me sleep. I try for the first kind of hunger which is usually within 4 hrs of eating.
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Skinny Rules and can't wait to go grocery shopping and start. However I think 1200 cals is way too low...does any one else feel this way???
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to this group have finished reading Skinny Rules and can't wait to apply them to my life.
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Knobles, I haven't had the best luck doing 1200 calorie diets in the past myself. I'm doing this along with wearing a Bodymedia FIT and am upping my calories to what it tells me to based off of my actual burn. With it set to lose two pounds a week that normally puts me between 1700 and 2000.

Curve...best of luck to you! I'm just getting started as well.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    I have to say had a hard time of it today . Did drink water . I guess I am coming off the goodie train lol
  • criscricket
    Options
    I don't know if it's just water fluctuation, but I did hop on the scale this morning and found I was one pound down after just two days. :) The rules are so straightforward. I haven't been doing his recipes as much as using the stuff I have around and making sure it follows his rules (I love wheat pasta, eggs, and ground turkey, so I'm doing lots of that as well as apples and smoothies loaded with berries). But it feels good, doesn't it? I am never HAPPY on a diet. What's going on? :)

I also feel really good on this plan, I have been on it for about 7 weeks. Eliminating artificial sweeteners has been tremendous for me, I now just put sugar in my tea or coffee, and I am losing steadily,
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I personally love the rules, though some of them are hard for me to master.

1 is hard because wow, that's so much water. It's difficult for me to drink it. When I drank lots of soda, it was for the taste, not so much because I was thirsty. I'm just not generally a very thirsty person, and this feels forced to me. 11 is hard because I like to broil white potatoes (not a fan of other types of potatoes either), and 12 is hard because I really like chicken and other kinds of meat.

But I do try to follow them vigorously. When I did, I was seeing weight come off pretty fast. It made me very happy. I only stopped because I had just come home from surgery and couldn't work out, and since I couldn't work out I wanted to comfort myself. Haha. Love the Skinny Rules though, totally worth the money.
  • Jvillecritter
    Jvillecritter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Just finishing up the book, and trying to incorporate some of the rules as I go....like the water. I find it's easier to just gulp it down at the sink....then its over..................It's a tough one for me.
  • Jvillecritter
    Options
    I'm in week two now and the no carbs after noon is TOUGH!! I also see where I'm still getting carbs after noon with just the fruit........so it's a little confusing too

How is everyone else doing?
  • Jvillecritter
    Options
    Soooo, am I all alone out here?
  • just_dad
    just_dad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To Bad it seems this group is dead. I just found the book and my wife and I are on day 2.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pah, I'm not letting this group die. I bought the ebook and am going to reread. I've been off the ship for a long time and have just hoisted the anchor and am ready to set sail.

For the past week, as I've been so hungry at 11pm, I thought, ha! It's the fat cells shrinking. I had forgotten that it's one of the rules, to go to bed hungry.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    just_dad wrote: »
    To Bad it seems this group is dead. I just found the book and my wife and I are on day 2.

Same here...on Day 2.