new here and looking for reassurance

MrsLg
MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
This time last year i had just lost 25lb. Then as i was getting closer to goal the weight loss stopped, i was on 1200 cals. I wasn't too bothered when the loss stopped and pretty much gave up but managed to maintain for the last year. now i am back on it and have discovered this group. I am just looking for reassurance as my tdee minus 15% is 1642 cals which probably isn't far off what i ate to maintain. So will i still lose? I wAsn't exercising before though so that should be the big difference right?

I haven't much to lose, just need to lose the pot belly so i know strength training is gonna play a big part.

It just feels strange eating so many cals and being told i will lose weight! I know it may take a while though.

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Hi, and welcome to the group :)

You need to post your stats for ppl to check your numbers... age, height, weight, activity level.

The first step of the program is to repair your metabolism, and get it back up to speed. It can be the hardest part for some, since if you've been eating that low for a long period of time your body will cling to everything at first, increasing your weight/bloat. So make sure you are mentally prepared before doing your reset or cut.
  • MrsLg
    Thanks for the reply. I am 31, 5ft9", 133lb. Activity level set to light i think.
    I have only been eating at 1200 calories for 2 weeks as i had a diet break for like a year!
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Are you using this calculator?
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    Light is exercising 1 to 3 hours a week.

If that is your accurate activity level, then yes 1642 is your cut. If you haven't been eating at 1200 long, you should be ok going to cut. Eat that every day, unless you have a high burn day which brings you below your bmr (1405). then eat enough to get back over it.
  • MrsLg
    Yes i used that calculator. At the moment i am doing 30 mins exercise 4 times a week.
    Thanks for your advice. It will feel strange eating so much. Should i take measurements and do it again in a few weeks or so?
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I take my measurements about once a month. So far so good!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Enjoy the food the body needs the fuel.. Strength training will help you lean out. Wgt for giving EM2WL a go. You won't regret it.
  • MrsLg
    Thanks for the reassurance. I have changed my calorie goal.