Am I still doing this right?

Options
For the past month I have been eating my TDEE -15%... and today, I'm still the same weight as when I started. I don't really understand what's going on. I have not lost any inches, nor lost any pounds on the scale (I think I may have gained a few but I'm not sure if that was "real" weight or not.) Either way, I feel like this whole month has been completely wasted.

Should I try a metabolism reset? Prior to my current calorie goal I had already been gradually working up from a sub-BMR calorie goal by a few hundred every few weeks so it's not like I jumped right in. My job is really active, I do a lot of walking and outside work, and other than reducing my calories again I don't know how to start losing weight like I was before.

I'm just kind of depressed. Realistically I know if I stick with a good diet and activity I'll be healthy and eventually lose weight, but it would be nice to hear from other people that could give any input. :( Thanks guys.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me as if you need a reset to get your metabolism going again

Or you can still try to reduce the cut. Just up your calories. Maybe you are burning way more cals than you think you do if your day is very active. If your deficit is too high your body holds on to everything you put in.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I think I agree. At first my instinct was to reduce my calories again, but instead I'm going to go the opposite direction for a week or two and will see what happens. Thanks!