Guild Wars 2

Options

Replies

• Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have had it pre-ordered for a while now and am really excited to get it! Sadly I was never able to get onto any of the betas to test it out either due to work or it being bogged down from so many people online. I have heard a lot of great things so I am sure it will be awesome!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Just received my Collector's Edition! :love: :love: :love:
    Listening to the soundtrack right now (Fear Not This Night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlBvKzc8Odo). Cool music.
    The massive Rytlock statue looks awesome!
    rytlock2.jpg

Well. I'm glad I bought this! :tongue:
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That IS an awesome statue.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping I have money leftover this weekend after bills (rent, electric and car payment, gah!) to possibly pick this up. I plan on watching my friend play to check it out first.

Right now I am sinking a lot of time into Borderlands, mmm
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    wife and I will be on the "Yak's Bender" server on the 25th. I'll post again when we have character names, etc. :)
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Probably going to be still on Anvil Rock or Darkhaven, not sure yet, gotta see where my peeps go...I'll post again when I get settled ^_^
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Very cool statue!

My husband refuses to play. Bummer. Not much use me playing without him. I did that with Runes of Magic, and it just wasn't any fun. More like work because I was so paranoid about letting my team of strangers down.
  • catch622
    catch622 Posts: 18
    Options
    Gate of madness

Can't wait... 2 freakin days! I've been waiting for this game ever since SWTOR was a hugeeee failure.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Gate of madness

Can't wait... 2 freakin days! I've been waiting for this game ever since SWTOR was a hugeeee failure.

that's the server my guild was going to go to.. but it's the reddit server.. so we switched to crystal desert.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my Norn Mesmer now. Why? Because hulking viking-esque men casting spells of pink dust and rainbows is cool. That's why.

Did some stress testing and after looking at the abilities, I think I'll need to get a greatsword asap.
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I will be on Yak's Bend, account name is Vivica.7581.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had pretty much given up on MMOs as I haven't played one I've enjoyed in years... but my husband bought GW2 the other day and I decided to give it a try on his account and... it's so much fun! I'm pleasantly surprised. It's so refreshing to play while still feeling familiar. Gonna cut this short so I can go play it. :D I'm on Tarnished Coast.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Bought this yesterday. Hadn't intended to, but it was pretty cheap and I'm bored with my current MMO.

Played it for only minutes this morning (ended up late for work) but it seemed great. I'm on Whisteside Ridge... I think.

I had to disable my Firewall (Win 7) to get it working. I'm going to try and fix that.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Spent my first 3-4 hours in the game last night, it's pretty great. The overflow server mechanic is genius, and makes WoW look a little stupid for not having it.

Can't wait to jump back in tonight and hopefully a lot of this weekend :).
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Mesmer broke my heart. You can make these fun clones but they're really only good for shattering purposes. I'm much preferring guardian.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    OK... was not going to buy this since I work so much and have classes this fall, but I got to Gamestop literally 1 minute before closing, illegally parked and ran inside to buy it last minute.

I spent like 4 hours playing last night, just exploring and having a blast. I watched maybe 3 or 4 gameplay videos and know NOTHING about the game. It's so nice to start fresh.

I am on Darkhaven if anyone else is, name is Sphyxy. I went Sylvari Elementalist.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    I have been playing this all through the betas and what not. I though my main would be a Sylvari Elementalist, but I am LOVING my Asuran Necro! My main alt is a Human Warrior! I am shocked honestly with my choices, but it is awesome. I am on Hedge and my main's name is Kiera Sadiablo.
  • catch622
    catch622 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have to say that this is the best MMO I've ever played, by far.

There's just so much to do! Nothing is boring! I don't care if I can't log in for a day or two because I don't feel like I'm falling behind.

ArenaNet has created a masterpiece that I can see myself playing for years and years. Blizzard, you're on notice!

PS: I'm on Blackgate playing a warrior called Newbolicious.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    I'm shattered this morning, after playing it until 2am last night...

Tried various chars including an asuran engineer (those guys are nuts!) called Ug Ly, a Charr warrior called Leopidus, Sylvari? necro and a human mesmer (soon to be replaced by a human elementalist I think). Favourites are in the order I typed them I think...though the necro is a close second.

Its great that I have no clue what I am doing or where anything is and that there are loads of people doing it with me :)
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Looks like I am switching servers as the one I'm on is getting filled with Italians. Need an EU server and currently thinking "Gunnar's Hold". Any views?