Benefits of Joining Medi

Options
This is a re-post from the forum where we had some uninformed haters bashing Medi as a "quick fix" that no one on MFP would be interested in. I thought i would re-post it in the group for anyone searching for comments about Medi. I think Medi is really helping me reshape my life.

I am doing the Medi program right now, along with my brother and mother. I think the key is to take old things you used to eat, and make them healthy. That way you learn how to change your lifestyle. There is no "going back" to my old eating habits. Pizza, pasta, doughnuts, white rice, cheesecake and fried foods are what got me here in the first place. Instead, I alter old recipes (Kelp noodles instead of wheat pasta, cauliflower instead of potatoes, etc) and cooking methods (Oven "fried" baked carrots or sweet potatoes in a healthier oil, instead of french fries).

Above all, Medi is teaching me the power of potion control and mindful eating. Before Medi, I would just stuff myself to fullness with whatever was convenient and comforting. Now, i am very conscientiousness of what i eat, how much, if i am really hungry, or maybe just thirsty, tired, or emotional. All of this can be achieved/learned without the use of Medi's expensive program, but for me it was the catalyst for some much needed personal growth. I recommend it for anyone actively seeking a jump-start to living a totally new lifestyle.

It's not some dangerous low-carb, very low calorie crash diet. It's like you hit the reset button under doctor supervision and learn to build a healthy lifestyle with the help of the counselors (My counselor on call during all reasonable hours on her cell phone. I can even text her questions about risky foods or just for motivation.)

Because the program starts you out with one of the most extensive group of blood work test i have ever had done, i think its worth it to anyone who is worried they might have a metabolic problem. I'm not sure if the blood work is a part Medi Weight Loss Clinic policy, or just the one I go to, but if i were you i would request the blood work. If your weight gain is caused by a thyroid problem, vitamin D deficiency, or other common imbalance, chanced are that Medi will find it.

Also, Medi is cheaper than my general practitioner, and because i am obese, i cant get health insurance to pay $1000 for blood work and much more for weekly consultations, vitamin supplements, weekly B12, Methionine, Inositol, Cholin, Chromium shots and a weekly B1, B6 shota. (I wish i had started a HSA before doing this program. I think i read that someone on MFP is planning to go back to Medi using that money. What a great use of tax deductible health dollars!

All in all, Medi is a very complete program (the best i have seen), and gives you a huge bang for your buck. I recommend calling the clinic and visiting for an introduction before committing to the program. While it is expensive, nothing is more valuable than the vitality you stand to gain. It's the best birthday gift i have ever gotten myself.