What do you use for your step?

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
I did my first workout today and couldn't find a "box" or anything like the picture to use as a step up. I ended up using a bench which didn't feel quite right since it's slightly padded. Any other alternative? Thanks!

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    if you are doing it at home, you could try a milk crate if you can get your hands on one, or.. at my gym there is a large 3 step box for high step or plyo jumps, and then there is a small wooden box that is low.. got a handy man around the house?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I use my fireplace hearth. It is quite high, almost to my knee and I am 5'11. I should measure it I suppose.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    At the gym, I use an aerobic step with risers. This works out nicely for Stage 1, as I was able to set up my step in the stretching/mat area, and alternate easily between the step-ups and the jacknives.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    At the gym, I use an aerobic step with risers. This works out nicely for Stage 1, as I was able to set up my step in the stretching/mat area, and alternate easily between the step-ups and the jacknives.

I do the same, then I just add more risers to increase the difficulty. I also use the aerobic step to do my pushups since I still can't do them on the floor.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I use my fireplace hearth. It is quite high, almost to my knee and I am 5'11. I should measure it I suppose.

lol... why did I think I would be the only one to think of do this! Mine's not quite as high though.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm in Stage 1 and I use the flat bench at the gym.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I used to stack some steps together, but now I use the ultra high plyo bench and have to say sweetjesusmygod. Hehe. I had to go down 20 lbs for those extra 4 inches! :)