Monday, June 25 - Sunday, July 1

suziecue66
suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
Day 7 of cycle 2 for me even though didn't stick with it on weekend.

Replies

• Day 5 of Cycle 2 for me and I didn't stick to it this weekend either with my son's birthday Saturday and took my daughter on a university Open Day yesterday so no way could I not eat no-carb. Ended up eating an egg mayo baguette for lunch, Was so tired when I came home had 3 lines of Chocolate and a large gin then bed!

Weight is up by 1.5 lbs this morning but that could be salt and didn't drink much water yesterday as I was in the car for 6 hours.

New week , 35 days before St Lucia ... motivation !!
  • suziecue66
    Day 5 of Cycle 2 for me and I didn't stick to it this weekend either with my son's birthday Saturday and took my daughter on a university Open Day yesterday so no way could I not eat no-carb. Ended up eating an egg mayo baguette for lunch, Was so tired when I came home had 3 lines of Chocolate and a large gin then bed!

Weight is up by 1.5 lbs this morning but that could be salt and didn't drink much water yesterday as I was in the car for 6 hours.

New week , 35 days before St Lucia ... motivation !!

That's great motivation!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I did 2 days at C1, and now I'm doing a day of C2. I need me some carbs. Congrats on your 17 days of C1 if you got through them. The longest I lasted was day 9 back in March or April. I've lost 3.4 lbs (of water weight, I assume), but it's inspiring the keep eating more healthily.
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Well, today is Day 15 of Cycle 1 (I think) and I just had my first cheat (beside one glass of wine and some pork), but hey it was lean :). And, while i figured it's just a small 100 cal chocolate pretzel...I'm amazed on how yucky I feel. The few minutes of chocolate and crunch, were definitely not worth it.

I started 17 day diet because I wanted to eat more fresh, healthy food. I was doing weight watchers, and while i was losing some lbs, I just felt horrible because I was eating so many snacks, frozen foods, etc..because it was within my points. Anyhow, I know I have posted in a few days because life has been crazy...but, I wanted to post this so that I would remember how crappy the snack made me feel for the future. If I hadn't ran out of baby carrots, I bet I would have never grabbed the bag. Now, I intend to throw all the bad snacks out so I won't be tempted in the future.

I'm traveling the next 3 days for work - so, I'm hoping I can stay on track. And, I'm looking forward to Cycle 2 transition - I just need to find the time to read up on the guidelines again.

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Well, today is Day 15 of Cycle 1 (I think) and I just had my first cheat (beside one glass of wine and some pork), but hey it was lean :). And, while i figured it's just a small 100 cal chocolate pretzel...I'm amazed on how yucky I feel. The few minutes of chocolate and crunch, were definitely not worth it.

I started 17 day diet because I wanted to eat more fresh, healthy food. I was doing weight watchers, and while i was losing some lbs, I just felt horrible because I was eating so many snacks, frozen foods, etc..because it was within my points. Anyhow, I know I have posted in a few days because life has been crazy...but, I wanted to post this so that I would remember how crappy the snack made me feel for the future. If I hadn't ran out of baby carrots, I bet I would have never grabbed the bag. Now, I intend to throw all the bad snacks out so I won't be tempted in the future.

I'm traveling the next 3 days for work - so, I'm hoping I can stay on track. And, I'm looking forward to Cycle 2 transition - I just need to find the time to read up on the guidelines again.

trish.....you are doing so well! And yes, I so agree......I too want to eat healthier.....not what I can get into the calorie count. This way of eating helps so much with letting go of the empty calories......that alone is PRICELESS! And I love that the junk does not taste very good anymore! So glad you were able to find that out. Good luck on your transition. Keep us posted!:heart:
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    How's everyone doing this week? It's been kind of quiet the past couple days! I started my 4th round of cycle 2 yesterday. Due to timing, I never had the steak I was looking forward to, but bought some to take camping this weekend. Does anyone have any exciting plans for the upcoming holiday(s)?
  • Hi Rayne , I'm on day 8 of C2 and struggling a bit. Had a busy weekend and couldn't stick to low carb on Sunday because I had a university visit with my daughter so resorted to an egg mayo baguette and since then I am finding it difficult to get back on track or more to the point some unallowed food is creeping in like dark chocolate!! I've not lost anymore weight , I am well within calories, I need to eat a lot more really . I think I prefer the strictness of Cycle 1. I've got 32 days before my beach holiday in St Lucia would love to lose 10 lbs before then . Just hoping to remain focused enough to do so. It means a 1lb loss every 3 days

Have canadians got a holiday this weekend? Us Brits don't although I do have a girly night planned for Saturday which normally means vast quantity of red wine and lots of unhealthy food :ohwell:
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Yes, I always struggle with C2 a bit as well. It's the inconsistency between days. i find it hard to plan for, ie make rice for lunch one day the night before, but can't eat the leftovers until the 3rd day, etc. I always find a way to make it work though, either by adding corn or black beans to my meals. just do your best!

Yes, it is Canada Day on July 1 (Sunday), so everyone has Monday off, then it's American Independence Day next Wed, which I assume a lot of people turn it into a long weekend.
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member

Though I'm not exactly following the diet...my goals are similar. Healthy eating and changing my mindset on eating in general (clean eating, watching portion size - this is key for me as I can pile it on my plate! - and eating regularly throughout the day so I am not famished and binging later on).

I had done weight watchers in the past and had some success too, but I also ate too many processed things and didn't really change my diet to a healthier one. I stopped going to the WW meetings because it seemed every meeting was about what treats were low points and what junk food you could get away with and still lose some weight...really started to annoy me that it lost the focus on healthy eating! I love this goup because I don't think I have yet to see a post on "what junk can we get away with"...so inspiring to be part of this group that is all focused on health!

My new(er) goal is to be down 40 lbs by the time I go back to work in November. I know I can do it!! Eating right and hitting the workouts pretty hard this summer should get me there no problem...but I will have to make daily, weekly and monthly goals and stick to them to be successful. July and August are going to be really busy with fitness...I can't wait!!!!

Happy Canada Day Canadian buddies :-)
  • suziecue66

Though I'm not exactly following the diet...my goals are similar. Healthy eating and changing my mindset on eating in general (clean eating, watching portion size - this is key for me as I can pile it on my plate! - and eating regularly throughout the day so I am not famished and binging later on).

I had done weight watchers in the past and had some success too, but I also ate too many processed things and didn't really change my diet to a healthier one. I stopped going to the WW meetings because it seemed every meeting was about what treats were low points and what junk food you could get away with and still lose some weight...really started to annoy me that it lost the focus on healthy eating! I love this goup because I don't think I have yet to see a post on "what junk can we get away with"...so inspiring to be part of this group that is all focused on health!

My new(er) goal is to be down 40 lbs by the time I go back to work in November. I know I can do it!! Eating right and hitting the workouts pretty hard this summer should get me there no problem...but I will have to make daily, weekly and monthly goals and stick to them to be successful. July and August are going to be really busy with fitness...I can't wait!!!!

Happy Canada Day Canadian buddies :-)

I want to be 40lbs down by November - my next birthday.
  • nurseymama
    nurseymama Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone, just jumping in here. I'm needing some support, I think! I am on day 7 of cycle 1. I've lost about 4 lbs since day 1, however, I think a good portion is water weight. I definitely do well on this plan until evening and then I get bored and hungry or something and am more likely to stretch the rules, or just cheat! I've been on and off this diet since Jan 2011. My goal weight is about 10 lbs down from where I am today. I find this diet so easy to jump back on when I've "lost my way" and gained back some of the weight. I know if I stick with it for the first cycle at least that it becomes a habit and way of life. I also think the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to stick with it!
    I'm getting JM 90 day body revolution today and I'm hoping with adding that in, I can get to my goal. I don't have a goal date in mind, just trying to keep working toward being healthier and more fit. My real goal is maintaining it once I've lost it! I know how to lose it, but keeping it off seems to be a lot harder and take the real commitment.
  • yahifranch
    yahifranch Posts: 15 Member
    I just started this diet. I am on cycle 1 day 4 and I am starting to have cravings for chocolate and other things. It is so hard as you say! I haven't felt as hungry as with other diets but I feel kind of deprived. I have so much weight to lose and I thought maybe this is a way I can lose weight faster and keep myself motivated. I've lost 5 pounds in 3 days (which must be water weight) and I am trying to stay positive and think of the health benefits I will achieve, although I am struggling...