Week 3

Options
darkling_glory
darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
Started week 3 today and I finally feel like I'm making quantifiable progress! Both 3 minute runs went really well. I'm so happy I started this program!

When did you really feel you were making progress?

Replies

• jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Week 6! But let me also say I became injured in week 6. So I took a two week break and had to go back and start at week 4. When I hit week 6 again it finally felt like I was getting somewhere, like I was flying! So the answer for me was week 6, both times. Week 5 is hard and once you get over that hump things get easier.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Week 5 for me for sure because for some reason you go from a 5 min interval to a 20 min run in the same week! it seemed daunting but when I surprisingly could do it, I knew I made some real & measurable progress! It also felt amazing :smile:

I'm happy to have started the program also:) best of luck!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I feel progress every day. Each workout can be a mental game, but you have to push that aside and challenge yourself. Every day that I do that, I get stronger mentally and physically. W1D1 was very difficult, and I felt like I was going to keel over, but I struggled through it. I've trusted the program, and it's working. It's amazing how your stamina increases each day, and you're able to move forward each week with more efficiency. Every week has been a challenge, but it's been so worth it. I'm starting Week 5 Monday morning, and I WILL conquer it.

I knew I caught the running bug when I started wanting to go out for a run. That started after Week 3.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I will start week 6 tonight as well!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Began Week 3 today, July 2nd. I feel a bit more of a challenge with this one with the 3 minute runs. I think part of this for me is the mental side. I just need to keep going and pushing myself a little bit. I do enjoy the challenge and I know it is doing me worlds of good. Great job everyone on your runs. We can do this. Keep it up everyone. Looking for to my Day 2 which is Thursday for me.
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Began Week 3 today, July 2nd. I feel a bit more of a challenge with this one with the 3 minute runs. I think part of this for me is the mental side. I just need to keep going and pushing myself a little bit. I do enjoy the challenge and I know it is doing me worlds of good. Great job everyone on your runs. We can do this. Keep it up everyone. Looking for to my Day 2 which is Thursday for me.

I also started my week 3 today...........and it felt GREAT!! I know I had a huge smile on my face after the first 3 minute stretch, I didn't know if I could do it, and I did!! Bring on W3D2 on Wednesday! :bigsmile:
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I'm going to finish W3 tomorrow. On Saturday, I had the ultimate motivation - huge raincloud coming up fast behind me. d: It IS amazing how your stamina increases every day - Saturday was so much easier than W3D1 was. I'm itching to get into W4 simply because I've tried this program before, and gave up on it after finishing (and dying through) W4.
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I finished week 3 today. Week 4 day 1 I am hoping to do at the gym on Wednesday.
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow (7/3). The 3 minute interval is freaking me out a little bit, but you don't get anywhere without pushing yourself, right? Here we go!
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Looks like several of us are at approximately the same place. I did W3D1 today and felt good. I think I'm going to feel real progress at W5D3 w/that 20 minute run. If I can do that w/out anything breaking (left knee in particular) I think the rest will be a piece of cake.
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D1 this morning. The first 3 minute run was a piece of cake. I completed the second, but it took a little pushing. I've noticed though pain/stiffness in my joints the last 3 or so runs. Mostly in my hips. I stretch before and after and don't really notice the soreness until after I've sat down for a while, not immediately after running. Any thoughts or suggestions about what's going on?
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D3 this morning! Had a few times when I didn't know if I could keep going, but I pushed through and the feeling went away. Week 3 is in the books, now it is on to week 4 on Monday! :bigsmile: