Full training

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
And the marathon training starts all over again. 8 weeks of not much training (I needed a break after the last marathon), so I'm doing 2 weeks of 5k runs (or however far i feel like) just to find my groove. Then the 16 week training starts. I'm groaning inwardly. It's hard to get going. Is anyone else running a race in oct/ nov?

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    What plan are you following? I've had a little break from hardcore running and am sort of looking for a race to enter now, im not sure when for, maybe a half in september?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a half the second weekend of October. I just restarted my training. It's exhausting to think about the amount of time I've committed to training
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first full the first week of November.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing a full but instead a few halves and a 10 miler. I will however basically be training for one with my training group as they are all doing October races.

Last week was my first week back in the 50s for weekly mileage since my marathon in mid May.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first marathon October 6th!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Running is my newest addiction (about 3 years now), and I am gearing up to run my first marathon on 1/1/13 in Disney. (Though my MFP friends know that I am going to attempt a trial one at a local marathon about 2 months before that).

You can read about my training and my thoughts on it if you are so inclined here: http://runningwithkinrad.blogspot.com/

I would gladly take friend requests from any distance runners too. Support is good! :)
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm training for an October 7th full. I have a half in September and a half in November. I don't know what I was thinking. Possibly I wasn't.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Baystate Marathon in Lowell, MA on October 21st. My ramp up starts the first week of July. This is a BQ attempt for me. I have to run sub 3:15. There are some 80+ mile weeks in my future.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    I run my first full marathon on October 7th (Long Beach Marathon) and I am running my second half August 12th.
    I am on week 4 of an 18 week program.
  • christyprunner
    christyprunner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Running Savannah Nov 3rd. It will be #13...yee-ha!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Baystate Marathon in Lowell, MA on October 21st. My ramp up starts the first week of July. This is a BQ attempt for me. I have to run sub 3:15. There are some 80+ mile weeks in my future.

Oh! I hadn't seen an update from you in a while! I'm glad to read you are feeling better and back in the swing of things!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Good luck! I have to run a 3 hour race for my age group.... Dont see that happening anytime soon!
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

Oh! I hadn't seen an update from you in a while! I'm glad to read you are feeling better and back in the swing of things!

Thanks. Feeling fine, but there Lyme and Bell's are still there. Just training through it since it doesn't hurt and there is no danger if the activity making anything worse.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

Good luck! I have to run a 3 hour race for my age group.... Dont see that happening anytime soon!

Being an old goat has its advantages. :laugh:
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Training for my First full, The Smuttynose Rockfest in NH on September 30th! Wish me Luck!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first full in Philly in Nov. eek! training starts in a few weeks.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Running my first half in Baltimore this October
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    Running my first half in Baltimore this October

They put on a really good event here in Baltimore. I've run the half and the full. It is very well run and there is good crowd support on the course. You'll love it.
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first full in Detroit on Oct. 21st!!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone training for a full!

I don't know if this makes me twisted or sadistic, but I actually love the long training cycles. :smile: I am registered for two marathons in the fall season. I know I'm definitely going to do Dallas (White Rock) Marathon in December, and I may also do Berlin in September if my work situation allows it. I'm training and want to be ready for both right now.