Full training

Options
2»

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Running my first half in Baltimore this October

I'm running it for the second time this year. Word of advice: train for hills. I didn't last year so the course kicked my butt.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Rock N Roll St Louis in October. I joined a training group to help. It's not my first, but it'll be the first one that I'm actually taking seriously enough to "professionally" train, vs/ just log my own miles as I go.

I'm pretty stoked.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gotta ask...if you're not looking forward to training then why do it? There are lots of other ways to run distance that don't require training for a full marathon.
  • CCGwald
    CCGwald Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am runing my first full at the Detroit Free Press (Oct 21) as well!
  • nicescent
    nicescent Posts: 44
    Options
    Doing a full marathon (within an Ironman) at the end of August and the Marine Corps in DC at the end of October.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of official marathon training. I haven't missed a workout yet and am feeling great about it. I did my first 20 mile run last week - and did it only 20 seconds off race pace. I decided to change my training already and increase my anticipated race pace since I have 15 weeks left to increase my speed an goal time.
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first 1/2 September 2nd. It's been so freaking hot here, and I am having difficulty finding the motivation to train. Ugh, wish I could get over it. Just gotta get out and DO IT!
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    I have the Royal Parks Half in London on the 7th Oct and a 10k on 28th x
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've got another full coming up - September 23 - Fox Cities marathon in Wisconsin. Pacing my mom for her 1st marathon....can't wait!
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a Half coming up the 7th of October and will start my dedicated training in a week or so...need to get new shoes this week and break them in first...
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I just started training for a half that I plan to run on October 28th. I think 16 weeks should be plenty of time to get ready.