New to EMTWL

Options
tinamaan1976
tinamaan1976 Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone
Someone told me to join here as I was doing 1340 cals and didn't work. Worked out BMF being 1700 so I should consume 1800 per day. I'm just not so sure what to eat!!can someone help as its a big diffrence from 1340 to 1800. Will mean I will have to constantly eat?
Have been looking here but feel more confused!

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tina!

There is a LOT of information available to you in the Stickies. Read the on TDEE first so you know where to start.

Use this calculator to get your numbers:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

You have been eating a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) and your metabolism is probably damaged a bit from that.

You might want to consider doing a "Metabolism Reset" which means eating at your TDEE for a period of 6-8 weeks to basically "reset" your metabolism so you can start losing again.

As for WHAT to eat: keep it as "healthy" as possible meaning as little "junk" as possible but NOT meaning you can't have ANY!
    Try:
    Nuts~almonds, walnuts, soybeans (watch the salt!)
    yogurt
    peanut butter
    protein shakes
    lean meats
    veggies
    fruits
    some full fat foods instead of low fat or fat free

If you want to "open" your food diary, people will review it for you and make comments.

Good Luck and remember, EM2WL is NOT for QUICK weight loss, it's for HEALING your body and EVENTUALLY losing weight.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!!

Eating ?? No problem!!! : )

I will add to Rosie's lust ..... Clean, real foods are best. I apply the 90/10 rule , but find as the junk gets purged from your diet, e cravings stop. Focus on nutrient dense foods and as she said, simply adding in some full fat versions of things such as nut butters, cheese, nuts ...easily get calories in without bulk. Healthy fats are good for you.

For ME, steering away from processed/grain carbs has been important . I steadfastly strive to get plenty of lean protein in. My staples are eggs, egg whites, tuna, cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken, turkey, BACON, and occasional lean beef. I personally am not a lover of red meat ..is the reason for occasional.

Natural nut butters ...peanut, almond ...I LOVE. Seed butters are also out there ...sunflower seed butter by Marantha I've tried.

Berries, citrus, kiwi, unstarchy vegetables round things out for me. Ive started making my own protein bars/balls for snacks. I use whey protein powder for post workout smoothies that I usually add nut butter and a banana to.

Tree is truly a world of real, delish food out there.

Welcome, nd don't hesitate to ask questions. But, please read all the great info contained in the stickys on this ite to get yourself educated. tons of good stuff!

Jen
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

Rosie and Jen have summed it up beautifully :)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions
  • tinamaan1976
    tinamaan1976 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi
    thank you guys for the support went to see a few videos and im now more bamboozled that before!!

i dont understand a few things...

should i be exercising aswell?

i know its a slow process but how soon can you see diffrence?