Same amount of calories every day???

Good News First:
Reading NROL4W and calculating my calorie needs for workout days vs non-workout days averages the same as the calculations I did when beginning EM2WL (average daily @15% cut = 1760).

Question:
NROL4W recommends that you eat a certain amount of calories on workout days as opposed to non-workout days (in my case, with a cut, this is 1592 calories on non-workout days and 1828 on workout days).

Do I vary my calories or eat the same amount every day....or am I just WAY over-thinking this whole thing!?!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there.

People here usually eat the same a mount of cals on workout and non workout days. It should even itself out at the end of the week if you put your activity levels right.
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Yea, I was thinking that as long as my workouts are consistent, I should really only worry about my total weekly intake.
    Figured there might be some pros/cons to my metabolism as far as expecting the same amount of fuel every day.
    Sometime my analytical side gets the best of me.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I tend to over think things too which always gets me into trouble! I came into EM2WL with an open mind and let it fill me with what to do and I just do it! My over thinking didn't help me in the past so I am just definitely trying this in a whole new way!

Some days those thoughts try to creep in but I come here, read stickies and as each day passes its easier to see I needed to change my whole way of thinking!

The key is consistently and unless you change your workout routine for lets say a month or more, you eat the same. I am going to take a full week off of my normal routine and everyone told me no, you don't lower your TDEE, even if I take two weeks rest I still eat at TDEE (I am doing the reset) or your cut goal.