Vegetarians and Vegans here

bevpb
bevpb Posts: 12 Member
Hi

I'm vegetarian/vegan. Are there others in this group and how are you getting on with your protein macros? I'm doing protein powders and tofu. I'm eating quinoa and lentils and pulses. I want some fresh ideas. I don't eat wheat-based products because of the gluten.

Replies

• nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    I'm a vegan and I'm aiming for 100 grams of protein a day. This is less that the recommended 30%, but I eat a lot of veggies, which have a bunch of amino acids, so it can even out in my system.

If you juice, green juices can help add amino acids - not a full chain which is "protein," but it will help with your energy and muscle-building.

I do protein powder, tofu, beans, whole grains, and I sometimes eat the gluten-based proteins.

Oh, and nut butters, but that doesn't add much.
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 191 Member
    Hey I'm a vegetarian, sometimes eating vegan but since em2wl I've been eating more eggs and whey protein and cheese and meat replacements.

I'm finally getting close to 30% protein but it's hard! I'm still slightly skeptical my body needs this much protein all the time but I think vamping it up while I try lose weight an gain muscle is a good idea. I feel heavier and overly full with all this protein but I'm hoping it's growing my muscles.

Some ideas: roasted chickpeas,chickpea patties, whole wheat anything, yogurt (soy for vegans), quinoa black bean chili, tempeh fakin bakin

Ultimately I found I couldn't reach my macros without supplements but all of this can help keep your diet more yummy ;)