Workout Days VS Non-Workout Days Caloric Intake?

Options
Cross-post for me this morning.......

Good News First:
Reading NROL4W and calculating my calorie needs for workout days vs non-workout days averages the same as the calculations I did when beginning EM2WL (eating more to weigh less). Calculated average daily calories @15% cut = 1760).

Question:
NROL4W recommends that you eat a certain amount of calories on workout days as opposed to non-workout days (in my case, with a cut, this is 1592 calories on non-workout days and 1828 on workout days).

Do I vary my calories or eat the same amount every day....or am I just WAY over-thinking this whole thing!?!

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    The book recommends eating 300cals more on workout days. I personally started out just eating the same amount of calories everyday (the amount I would need on a nonworkout day at a deficit), but realized it wasn't allowing me to really get all the protein in that I needed.
    I'm sure the experienced NROL4W ladies will have more insight into this. I think some just split the difference between non workout days and workout days and eat that amount everyday to make it less complicated.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I set MFP to my non-workout day caloric intake. Then I log my exercise and eat those back, some days I'm over, some I'm under but I TRY to hip protein. I give myself 300 for hour of lifting and then I use my HRM to log any cardio I do.
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I set MFP to my non-workout day caloric intake. Then I log my exercise and eat those back, some days I'm over, some I'm under but I TRY to hip protein. I give myself 300 for hour of lifting and then I use my HRM to log any cardio I do.

Ah, that's a good approach! I think I'll try that and see how it goes!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i do the same.

but i started EMTWL eating a consistent cut from march, and this month i decided to give NROL4W method a try, and its working just as well, if not better.

its all in whats the easiest way for you to follow.