Starting My Cut - Macros Off

zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
Sounds crazy but I am so excited to start my cut. So instead of consuming 2300 per day (with an added 300 for BF) I will be consuming 2028 (plus the extra 300). I know I won't be starving at all. My problem is that my macros don't add up anymore.

If I stay at 40/30/30 my protein will be at 152g. I am 165.5 so I need just over 13g more. So what I am thinking is that in order for me to reach that my macros will just have to be off.

What do you all think?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I don't understand how your macros can be off since they are a percentage of your calories?

You have to reduce calories, but you will still be eating 30% of your calories from protein so I wouldn't worry about the other 13 grams. Scooby recommends .5-1 gram of protein per lb of body weight so you are still within that range.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Increase your protein macro to the correct amount and decrease the fat to balance it out is what I would do if you want the exact numbers.. 13g isn't going to break it though
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    You're both right. See there I go again getting stuck on the exact number. It's time to reign in the OCD, LOL!!

Thanks.