About to graduate

Options
AstridParties
AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
:flowerforyou: Hi everyone!!!

Just wanted to post that I have one more day before I graduate from C25k! When I started I could not even run for 3 minutes...now thanks to C25K I am running non-stop for 45-50 minutes and have lost approximately 20 pounds in 2 months (along with a 1500 calorie a day modified/partially restricted diet). I run on distance rather than time...after 9 weeks on the program I am running 3.1 miles in 43 minutes...not perfect but a long way from where I've come! I have registered for my first 5k on August 4, 2012..will post how that goes.

Hang in there, if I can do it...so can you! Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't hear about many people running by distance, but it's definitely the way to go if you want to be prepared to run a 5K soon after the end of the program. You're very inspiring! How did you manage to figure out the proper distances for all the different intervals? I'm gonna take a guess that you're on a treadmill.
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't hear about many people running by distance, but it's definitely the way to go if you want to be prepared to run a 5K soon after the end of the program. You're very inspiring! How did you manage to figure out the proper distances for all the different intervals? I'm gonna take a guess that you're on a treadmill.

You got it! On a treadmill :smile: I increase my speed each mile as I get into a rhythm...the first few weeks were hard because I didn't know how to control my breathing...I did some research online and then I started breathing better and running longer. I noticed that if I don't eat well before I run that I do not run as smoothly or get into a comfortable rhythm. So, now before I run I make sure I've eaten at least 45 minutes prior to my run. That seems to keep my energy level up and makes it a lot easier to get the 3 miles done without staring at the mileage or at the timer.
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations!