Weekly Challenge - June 25July 1

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Last Week's Challenge *UPDATED*

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:

★ Paul ✓
Carrie ✓

Fitness Buffs:
★Sonya

Fitness Enthusiasts :
★Jill
★Debbie

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "Variety is the Spice of Life" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC June) This month's challenge is to add new exercises to your repertoire. Is there something you have always wanted to try? Rock climbing, Zumba, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing? Maybe you finally want to tackle that rowing machine? Each week if you try one new activity you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list. (Note: You can also claim any activity you haven't done in over a year for this challenge.)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • shorty313
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

*UPDATED*

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 290 days
    Debbie - 130 days
    Carrie - 115 days
    Paul - 100 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I ended last week with 160 minutes logged, yes on water. This week I really want to at least make it to Buff!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Will be buff again. My personal goal is to swim a full lap without stopping to catch my breath. After my private lesson today, I can hopefully improve my form and be able to really do laps.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Went MIA from the challenge last week, but I'm going for buff this week.

We are having the most horrendous heat wave which is making exercising a bit rough, but I guess I just need to suck it up and get to the gym instead of running outside.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'll throw my hat in the ring and shoot for Buff!! Need to start doing something daily... this should help!!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make it to buff as well.
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    New to the weekly challenge, but I'm going to shoot for Buff.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    well, so far this week I am at 70 minutes...I gotta make sure I get in good workouts for rest of the week!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Debbie! Thank you so much for setting this up!

We made it to Jackson Hole, Wy! We finally have internet access! Basically Jackson Hole seems to be where Wyoming hides the super rich people, but I am not complaining because there is a big bathtub and we got Thai food for dinner!!

We have been hiking tons and tons. Here is an overview:

Beartooth/Absaroka Mountains-
    1.75 miles to a spectacular waterfall
    1 mile to a slightly less spectacular waterfall
    6 miles on the Stillwater River to a lake

Yellowstone NP-
    ~7 miles around the South Rim of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone (We went off trail some so exact numbers are hard to pin down)
    5.3 miles to Fairy Falls
    3.4 miles on the Divide Trail to the Continental Divide

We, also, managed to squeeze in our friends wedding + wedding activities in there somewhere. And I had the stomach flu for a couple of days. *sigh*

It has been a lot of fun but OH MY the blisters on my feet smart! I am starting to look forward to being home and getting back into a routine. But first we have to see the Grand Tetons!

I'll calculate my minutes later but I suspect I *might* make elite this week. :-)

Later friends!

Sara Grace
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 135 minutes, Enthusiast
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was): yes- water goal reached and worked on strength training more this week
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) - yes my variety included riding my bike and doing more strength training along with one day of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 72 days
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 685 minutes for 5569 calories burnt at an average of 8.3 calories a minute
    Personal Goal: Yes it was to manage over 600 minutes of exercise. I almost didnt't manage it until yesterday.
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): Yes it was to get in another longer hike in training for my 3 Peaks Challenge. I hiked for 14 miles along the length of 3 reservoirs.
    Days logged in: 105 days logged in
    Water: Yes

This week was looking like a bust for me until my hike yesterday pushed my numbers up. Goal for next week will be to keep my exercise minutes above 600. For my variety is the spice of life i'm going to try for another long training hike. Possibly climbing one of the three peaks in the challenge.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 480
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) Umm, I didn't have one.
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) I hiked with bear spray, does that count? :-)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 0
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    297 minutes of exercise and 165 days logged
  • shorty313
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 261, buff!
    Personal Goal: Yes
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): nope
    Days logged in: 140 days logged in
    Water: Yes
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Exercise minutes: 343
    spice of life: yes took my kiddo swimming
    Personal goal: nope only burned 2959 calories wanted 3500
    Days logged: 120
    Water: yes
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Will be buff again. My personal goal is to swim a full lap without stopping to catch my breath. After my private lesson today, I can hopefully improve my form and be able to really do laps.
    267 minutes for me last week. Had my private swim lesson and found I was doing nearly everything wrong! :embarassed: I've been working on it and doing better, but I wasnt' able to get to doing a whole lap without stopping. Too much concentrating on my form to concentrate on breathing correctly. :grumble:
    I had all my water, didn't really try anything new. Logged in for 300 days.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 399 minds
    Personal Goal: To make buff - yes
    Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): No
    Days logged in: 15 (I think)