Goal Reached, now what?

Options
N_Bridgeman
N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
I just reached my target weight, but I think I would like to tone up a bit and maintain this weight. Anyone on here doing something similar? Any advice on toning up?

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    First of all, WTG!!!!
    My plan for when I reach my goal weight is to maybe have my BF% tested, and see if I can shift that lower while maintaining my weight, shooting for maybe 20% (have no idea what it is now, in the high 20s?) So if you are like me and you want something to shoot for, work on getting stronger, lifting heavier, or some other fitness-related goal!:smile:
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think now it's time to pick a fitness goal. Weight lifting is the best way to tone up IMO, so why not set a goal around that? Make sure your goal is something you can quantify and have checks and balances along the way. For example if you goal is to squat 100 pounds, your progress checks could be at 50 pounds, 60, 75, 85, and then 100. Just make sure it's something specific and not "to be int he best shape of my life" because that is too subjective.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I agree with @kelseyhere. Try setting a couple goals that are measurable, like being able to complete 3-5 full pullups by year end or pick a specific area to target with heavy lifting. If you do weight traning, take before/after pics so that you can see your progress. Congrats on reaching your goal weight...that's fantastic!!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    You want to focus on "body recomposition" that is, trading fat for muscle. Tone is just what your muscles look like with less fat on them.