Post Your Row!

Options

Replies

• Onmyway21
    Onmyway21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2k time trial on the SkiErg. UGH!! Get me back to the rowing machine, I've got less than 100k to hit 6 million lifetime meters!
  • mcppsl
    mcppsl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Total for February so far: 406,296 metres
  • BrentDry
    BrentDry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! My best to date is just over 7.4km for 30mins and at a much higher heart rate. Great to see it done and more incentive for me to put the work in. Nothing competitive just great to see. Are you logging on the concept2 website?
    Regards, Brent
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow! More rowers...and you are all hard core!! If you'd like to "friend" up with other rowers, you can friend me and that will help get you in touch with the rest. We have a very nice little community going. Many are switching to on-water soon, or from erg to biking, but next winter I bet we're going to be trying to be competitive in the January group challenge on Concept 2.
  • mcppsl
    mcppsl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Total for February: 446,805 metres, 23,586kcals.
  • tjlove
    tjlove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    6436 meters in 30 minutes. My best ever was 6790.
  • m1311
    Options
    Nice going, tjlove!!
  • tallmansix
    Options
    Hit a personal best yesterday that I am proud of:

5km in 19min 29secs

Working on getting this down to around 18.5 mins by spring next year.

Also going to try to 30min race challenge to come up with a distance to compare.
  • DavidMW1
    DavidMW1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of new guys, and some seriously good times. You're right Michelle, we could be serious contenders for the January challenge. I'm going to try and join in, but I expect to be working in the Middle East, and will have to find a local gym. Shouldn't be a problem. :-)
  • harmonydhn
    Options
    Hi! I row for UCI women's varsity crew in the lightweight boat. We've got a race in a few days in Sacramento so we had practice today out on the bay, 3x20min pieces at alternating rates of 23/28 then 20>24 and then i think the last one was 25>30 or so.
    A pyramid drill too to warm up, 16/18/20/22/24 at 4min each

It was a good practice.
    :)
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey, new member and a new rower did my first row on gym machine and did
    5000m in 31.30 :smile:
    Hoping that will go down after a while
    :flowerforyou:
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Well done Hannah, it takes a while to get form right then times drop drastically.

Just did my monthly 2000mtr test today and got down to 7 minutes dead, well not quite dead still breathing heavily, improving slowly and now being only fat instead of obese will be aiming for 6' 30 by christmas eve.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 10,000m in pretty much 50:00.

I'm probably going to row again today as it's the start of the Concept II Holiday Challenge and I'm considering going after the 200,000m mark.....
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    10,000m in 50:21.0 at an average pace of 2:31.1 seconds/500m on November 29th.

Meters this month: 123,323.
    Season meters: 717,253.
    Lifetime meters: 2,250,071
  • DavidMW1
    DavidMW1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's pretty damn quick for a 2k Lucan 07. Great performance.
  • m1311
    Options
    Hannah and Harmony, welcome! Fun to see you here. We'll follow the water team as you go through the season, Harmony, if you'll give us the links to your team.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    Today was the first interval workout on my C2......10 x 500/1r with an average pace of 2:05 / 500m

I had some short bursts where my pace went below 2:00 / 500m and felt amazing afterward!
  • flyingjack
    flyingjack Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    New to rowing, 5k in 24:01.

All over the place. The straps for my feet keep loosening, and that is a pain. I find myself readjusting every 500m.

Pain in the *kitten*.

Enjoying it though.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This one was SUPER fun, and it was one of those workouts where you actually feel your body responding!

15 min focused warmup with some 30 sec bursts @ 28spm
    No stroke ratings for this piece, do at your own rate:
    4x 30"on/30" off @2K pace

1x 5' on/1' off @2K plus 4 seconds

10x 20"on/10" off @ 2k plus 10 seconds

1x 10' on @ 2k + 16 (this one is tricky, but stick with it because your body is flushing the lactic acid and you are getting the benefits of the workout)

10x 20"on/10'off @2k +10

1x5' on/ 1' off @2k +4

4x 30"on/30" off @2K or lower, then EVEN LOWER on the last one!!!

Such a good piece!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    New to rowing, 5k in 24:01.

All over the place. The straps for my feet keep loosening, and that is a pain. I find myself readjusting every 500m.

Pain in the *kitten*.

Enjoying it though.

Stick with it! Try rowing with your feet out of the straps. You may be throwing your weight back and that is why the straps keep coming loose. You should be controlled throughout from catch to drive. Happy stroking!!!