2013 brides?? lets do this.

Options

Replies

• CAJ11
    CAJ11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am getting married March 30th. I am so excited to officially start this and to find this board for support!
  • kelsiekae
    kelsiekae Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also a September 2013 bride! I know I'll never forgive myself if I don't change my ways and get in shape for my wedding. If that's not enough to motivate me, nothing ever will! I've made a weekly workout plan, started a workout journal, weighed, measured and took my before pictures (never a fun step). I want to lose about 50 lbs by my wedding date and am here to help motivate anyone! Feel free to add me! We can do this. :smile:
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also a September 2013 bride! I know I'll never forgive myself if I don't change my ways and get in shape for my wedding. If that's not enough to motivate me, nothing ever will! I've made a weekly workout plan, started a workout journal, weighed, measured and took my before pictures (never a fun step). I want to lose about 50 lbs by my wedding date and am here to help motivate anyone! Feel free to add me! We can do this. :smile:

We CAN do this.

It's amazing how strong you can be when being strong is your only option
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    October 2013 here! Hoping I can shed some weight before my engagement party/photo session which will be THIS October.
  • jeaniper
    jeaniper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am getting married June 14, 2013. I have been at this for a while and work out 8-9 times/week since March and before that I was 3-4 times/week for 2 years straight. I have been very discouraged lately b/c nothing seems to be working so any suggestions of what worked for you would be GREATLY appreciated!

Congratulations everyone!!
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    Hello everybody!!! I just got engaged over the weekend and most likely will be getting married next June. I cannot wait to get married and get into the best shape of my life!! :)
  • hteapot
    hteapot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm getting married June 22, 2013 and I'm just starting to get serious about getting into shape. I do already have my dress so that will be my main motivation to not gain and to get into shape to rock my perfect dress :) My engagement pictures are this October so, gotta get my butt into gear!

Congrats to everyone!!
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm getting married in September 2013, and I really want to fit the perfect dress. And obviously I don't want to hide my wedding pictures. :wink:
    Feel free to add me, it's always nice to know people who are on the same boat!
  • tiffing
    tiffing Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm getting married June 29, 2013. I just discovered MyFitnessPal and I'm loving it!

I just got my dress this weekend - it was a sample, and they only had this one size that is just a tad snug on me. Time for a diet and working out!

Anyone have any tips for buffing up those arms and back? =)
  • Lini1989
    Lini1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far? ive had a naughty week as ive had my fiance's college graduation and a few nights out, but im back on it today and motivated again! went out with the girls last night and took a picture, did not like what i saw, i think i might have put some weight back on!! :( have been avoiding the scales for the last 2 weeks, maybe a weigh in would give me the kick up the backside i need!!!

How are people finding looking for dresses whilst loosing weight? are you buying dresses too small in the hope you will fit into them or waiting till you reach your ideal weight to look?
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    July 19th for me! got about 10, maybe 15 lbs i'd like to drop by then. my dress is a mermaid fit so i want to slim down a little so i can feel super confident showing off my curves!
  • Alliepaigebaer393
    Options
    I am getting married in 2013. I lost 35 pounds a 2 years ago, and then I gained 65. I am sooooo ready to get back in shape. It is hard for me, but I know I can do this! I want to have buddy on here to hold me accountable and same for my buddy..anyone interested in doing this?????
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options

How are people finding looking for dresses whilst loosing weight? are you buying dresses too small in the hope you will fit into them or waiting till you reach your ideal weight to look?

I'm getting married october 2013, so my plan is to go dress shopping the beginning of February which gives me a full 6 months to get down to my goal weight. My goals are still, shall we say ambitious. But I figure even if I don't reached them completely I'll still be a heck of a lot better off than I am right now (215 lbs :( ) I probably will try to find a dress that is alterable though so that if I do lose a considerable amount of weight after buying it I can have it adjusted to my new size. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a dress that is too small from the get go. I did that as a bride's maid once and it was disastrous. It's amazing the I got the dressed zipped up. Lessoned learned.
  • kgraff1986
    Options
    I am getting married April 20, 2013 as well! I just started this last week and any type of motivation assistance would be AMAZING. I seriously need help. I hate working out and really enjoy cooking, baking and eating.
  • ViRoot
    ViRoot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! I am getting married March 16, 2013. :))

Hoping to be a fit and healthy bride. Good luck to everyone! I'm sure we'll all be beautiful in our dresses!
  • abaraniak
    Options
    Hey all, I am getting married on 29th May 2013 and getting back in shape. I'm doing the great north run in September to kick start the exercise again, so hopefully that will really help with the weight loss! I just read a couple of posts about getting dresses...I went and bought mine on Thursday and my advice is get it early to make sure it comes in time - I have ordered mine now at the size I am and they are going to do the adjustments when the dress comes in December and then they will do tweaks a few weeks before the wedding if I have lost too much more - better to get one that you know you can amend than leave it too late for them to get THE dress in time.... just a thought :)
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a June 29, 2013 Bride too! How exciting! I started low carb last week and I am trying not to look at the scale, but I'm already down about a pant size!!!
  • kayceelynne
    Options
    I am getting married October 13th, 2012!! I am only down 10 pounds but still want to loose another 10-15 before the big day... any suggestions on how to loose weight in just 2 months?
  • deanna5776
    deanna5776 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    May 24, 2013 for me.....

Engagement photos Oct 8th 2012...

would like to lose a total of 35 before the wedding....

so glad to find some support!!!!!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i just saw this topic! im April 6, 2013 and I just found my dress last weekend... so im ready to rock it! add me, if ya like.