Weekend updates

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Hey..... I have seen some updates in other threads for individuals, but just curious how everyones weekend was?

I had a date friday night......I made dinner--was not a first date.....It went well, I liked him, but not sure I see long term potential.....we shall see....

Saturday was alot of running around and a 5 year olds bday party. Sunday I went sailing with friends on my friends very big boat :). we had a blast!! There were 7 of us then the Captain and 1st mate....good times....and now a bit sunburned but not too bad (yes, I did have sunblock on--darn Irish skin--burns first then the Portuguese/Indian kicks in and turns to tan)

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    My weekend was great! I have been so happy lately.

Friday night I went out with my roomie and some friends to the bar to celebrate her Navy birthday. I cabbed it to SL's around 1AM and when I got there he was just getting out of the shower cause he thought he had time. I guess I made out with him and got him all turned on and then fell asleep on top of him before anything happened, LOL.

Saturday, I did some errands in the day, then met up with SL to catch the new movie Brave later. Afterwards we went and picked up his dogs, and went back to my place where we had a dog party cause I had to watch my roomie's dog while she was out of town. 5 dogs!!! We caught up on True Blood and I made up falling alseep the previous night to him. :wink: He spent the night and I made him breakfast in the morning--it was the first time he's spent the night at my place! Normally I do his cause he doesn't get cell phone reception at my house, and it's easier to transport my smaller dogs or have my roomie watch them.

Yesterday we went fishin' all day, he was really proud of me because I caught a big bass! It was cute.. he's started calling me honey when trying to get my attention. :blushing: After fishin' we made burgers then he took me home and I relaxed the rest of the evening. :smooched: :love: I'm so happy.

He randomly asked me yesterday what date we first started talking/went on our first date. I wonder why.

Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No dates this weekend, but while at the conference I reconnected with an old friend who is also an elder in my home church. He just moved to a state near mine. I've known him for years... he's fun and very good looking (works out a lot). In fact, when we used to attend church together, on days it was his turn to open the church for prayer meeting a high proportion of the single ladies attended ;-) We made plans to visit next month. Not sure if anything will come of it, but my ego certainly got a boost out of how happy he was to exchange information lol.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I went with my daughter to see the Scorpions in LA. We spent the weekend there. Hit the beach on Saturday. Had a great time.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No major updates here.
    A few years ago a friend of mine from high school connected me to this guy she knows that we'll say his dating status is "it's complicated". Apparently he and his wife aren't on the best of terms. They still live together, about 6 years into the marriage. Haven't had "relations" in 5 years. He says it's because she refuses to work on the aspects of their relationship that need help like her gambling addiction or the fact they don't do anything together except sit on a couch after work on their respectful labtops and play games with random people online. They don't talk, touch, or anything. It's like they are roommates.

I've never met him in person but we used to text a lot. I was supposed to meet him last fall but he chickened out at the last minute. I'll admit I was pissed and pulled back. We recently reconnected and chatted over Skype. I heard his voice for the first time ever. :love: :love: LOVED IT! :love: :love: I keep telling myself stuff like "He'll never leave his wife.", that I shouldn't try to break up their marriage, and that what I'm doing should be against my moral code. I'm really making a conscious effort to stay out of their relationship. I won't even give him advice anymore and told him I won't since I'm biased.

This weekend coming up should be WAY more eventful. I'm going to a dinner of a convention with a friend of mine. Hoping I can meet someone that's actually available to me. Getting my sisters off my back about being single would be a GREAT birthday present.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Here's mine.. posted it in the profile liar thread too....LOL

I went on two dates with weekend with TWO different men. Both had decent photos on their profile and I was at least partly attracted to both. Spoke to both on the phone a couple of times and was able to hold a conversation.

Met up and OMG.... Both of these guys had lied. Definitely not "athletically built" or "about average". Pics from both were probably 8-10 years old. I don't get it .... VERY disappointing that people lie. Since when is 60 lbs overweight athletically built? I almost told the one guy just because your forearms are tone does not mean you're in good shape. Thing is, I've dated overweight men.. and they're fine, just don't like the lies. It's extremely off-putting. One guy I drove 90 minutes to meet, the other 2 hours.. .and this is just in one direction. I live in a very rural spot and the gene pool here is polluted. What a waste of a weekend!

I would have rather stayed home and watched a creepy flick by myself.

I'm passing every profile through a friend from here on out and he's going to give me the Yes or No.... apparently I'm a little daft in this area!

I did get in a lot of working out too and got through a crap-ton of laundry and napped.... Those three things made it a good weekend. The men, not so much.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    No major updates here.
    A few years ago a friend of mine from high school connected me to this guy she knows that we'll say his dating status is "it's complicated". Apparently he and his wife aren't on the best of terms. They still live together, about 6 years into the marriage. Haven't had "relations" in 5 years. He says it's because she refuses to work on the aspects of their relationship that need help like her gambling addiction or the fact they don't do anything together except sit on a couch after work on their respectful labtops and play games with random people online. They don't talk, touch, or anything. It's like they are roommates.

I've never met him in person but we used to text a lot. I was supposed to meet him last fall but he chickened out at the last minute. I'll admit I was pissed and pulled back. We recently reconnected and chatted over Skype. I heard his voice for the first time ever. :love: :love: LOVED IT! :love: :love: I keep telling myself stuff like "He'll never leave his wife.", that I shouldn't try to break up their marriage, and that what I'm doing should be against my moral code. I'm really making a conscious effort to stay out of their relationship. I won't even give him advice anymore and told him I won't since I'm biased.

This weekend coming up should be WAY more eventful. I'm going to a dinner of a convention with a friend of mine. Hoping I can meet someone that's actually available to me. Getting my sisters off my back about being single would be a GREAT birthday present.

This seems very shady to me. I would completely stay out of it. If they're just roommates then why doesn't he file for divorce? It doesn't have to be her. He's just making excuses it sounds like.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    No major updates here.

This seems very shady to me. I would completely stay out of it. If they're just roommates then why doesn't he file for divorce? It doesn't have to be her. He's just making excuses it sounds like.
    I'm trying to do so. I know better. I really do. I know that if I stay involved I'm going to be the one that's hurt in the end, no doubt.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Here's mine.. posted it in the profile liar thread too....LOL

I went on two dates with weekend with TWO different men. Both had decent photos on their profile and I was at least partly attracted to both. Spoke to both on the phone a couple of times and was able to hold a conversation.

Met up and OMG.... Both of these guys had lied. Definitely not "athletically built" or "about average". Pics from both were probably 8-10 years old. I don't get it .... VERY disappointing that people lie. Since when is 60 lbs overweight athletically built? I almost told the one guy just because your forearms are tone does not mean you're in good shape. Thing is, I've dated overweight men.. and they're fine, just don't like the lies. It's extremely off-putting. One guy I drove 90 minutes to meet, the other 2 hours.. .and this is just in one direction. I live in a very rural spot and the gene pool here is polluted. What a waste of a weekend!

I would have rather stayed home and watched a creepy flick by myself.

I'm passing every profile through a friend from here on out and he's going to give me the Yes or No.... apparently I'm a little daft in this area!

I did get in a lot of working out too and got through a crap-ton of laundry and napped.... Those three things made it a good weekend. The men, not so much.

DAYUM! That sucks. :\ Sorry...
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    hmmm i guess i need to get some weekend fun lined up...all I did was have a few drinks at the bar saturday afternoon then cleaned my apartment. Sunday I played racquetball and did some shopping.

:(
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Went out Friday with my sister her new boy toy and FWB had a good time went dancing and the norm lol...

Saturday rocked I won the Kareoke Compition at the bar and won a week long cruise for 2 to the bahamas or carribian YAY... Hung out with MR Nice guy for a while my best friend basically pulled him aside and told him if he liked me he need to stop being so shy. Turns out he was scared of running me off so he was trying to play it low key. I got to see the real Mr. Nice guy on saturday and he just might have potential lol. Also hung with FWB a little went to a sec ond bar and went dancing ....

Already making plans with Mr. Nice guy for next saturday.. This week should be kinda low key cause the kids are home but you never know lol
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    My weekend went very well- it was Country USA(a big country festival). I had Friday off so Thursday night, I saw Phil Vassar and Sugarland with my friend.

Friday Night, my guy called me and said he had a long day and wanted to see me. So we went out for a bite and a drink until I had to pick up my friend to go see Brad Paisley!! I got to meet up with another friend who lives an hour away and she and her fiance came out too which was pretty awesome!

Saturday- I was productive around my house- cleaned my garage and did tons of yard work plus a little house work. Then Sat night, my guy picked me up and we went to the Country festival to see Keith Urban with my friends. So he got to meet my friends, and before we met up with them, I asked him what I should introduce him as since he didn't like when I introduced him to my brother a few weeks ago as a friend. He just replied his first name- smart a**! I then stayed over by him and he cooked me breakfast in the morning and we watched movies he dropped me off at home around 1.

It was a great weekend :smile: He is coming over on Tuesday to help me fix things around my house and I am going to cook him dinner.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Played in a poker tournament Friday evening and won it. Although it was small stakes: the buy in was only around 15 USD. I walked away with around 400 USD. Still, that was not so bad... :-)

I had to work a bit Saturday morning. The rest of the weekend I spent with my kids, and that was nice. But no dates...

--P
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    My weekend went well for once. Went out with a rather sweet girl Saturday listened to a free orchestral recital, then afterwards ate some mediterranien cuisine and talked for a good bit while there. Finally took a leisurely stroll through a salvage store browsing through all the junk there for the heck of it, hah. I enjoyed my time.

Sunday I did pretty much nothing though. Tried to clean up here and there. Read a bit. Napped. Meh.

Maybe next weekeend will be even more interesting.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My weekend was so calm... definitely not my norm!

Friday I had dinner out with a friend and her boyfriend... Red Robin... so not worth the calories, haha...

Saturday I tutored a friend in Math and Algebra who is going back to college. She's taking her placement tests soon. I did some shopping and ran errands. Picked up books at the library. Came across a book I've always wanted to read... Lady Chatterly's Lover by DH Lawrence, so I'm working on that now!

Sunday was CHORE TIME, ugh. Laundry, cooking, dishes, and tiny things around the house (like replacing air filters and using WD-40 on my doors, woo hoo!). I did get in a trip to the gym and a dog walk to get ice cream nearby. I know it's not good for him, but it was nice to let them give him a doggy sundae for free!! I then got stood up by a guy I've tried to connect with from Match.com so not the best ending but who needs more drama!

Man, that was boring...
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Met my daughter and niece at the Atlanta airport. We went into the Atlantic Station area to have dinner and walk around. Then Saturday morning, we went to the World of Coca Cola before catching a plane to London. I brought them to Europe for two weeks. A few days in London, a couple in Paris and then who knows?

Kinda sucks that my gf is not here. This is the last of the trips I had planned before I met her. She has a cruise with her daughter this week, so at least we're both with our girls doing something good for them.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Went to my grandmother's 90th birthday party on Sunday but otherwise didn't do a thing.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Spent a bit of time talking to a certain girl.... May or may not be an mfp regular.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Spent a bit of time talking to a certain girl.... May or may not be an mfp regular.

ohhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh!!! :bigsmile:

So, what's happened to the Brits?? All quiet on that front......
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    :smooched: :love: I'm so happy.

Awesome!! Makes me smile to hear that :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Stayed in Friday

Worked the longest day Saturday

Got totally wasted on Sunday down the pub with the build up and then the demise of England in the Euro Championship :sad: