Weekend updates

Options
2»

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Spent a bit of time talking to a certain girl.... May or may not be an mfp regular.

ohhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh!!! :bigsmile:

So, what's happened to the Brits?? All quiet on that front......

The brits are lame actually.. They are fun when they are drinking but when they arent, only one of them has any real personality. They are annoying also with the amount of noise they make and as a result are getting kicked out and are moving up the road.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Spent a bit of time talking to a certain girl.... May or may not be an mfp regular.

The brits are lame actually.. They are fun when they are drinking but when they arent, only one of them has any real personality. They are annoying also with the amount of noise they make and as a result are getting kicked out and are moving up the road.

Oh yeah??? Aww you gotta spill the deets!! If you're talking to her, she must be one awesome person! So happy for you! :):):)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Oh yeah??? Aww you gotta spill the deets!! If you're talking to her, she must be one awesome person! So happy for you! :):):)

No deets spilling yet! that will come later.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

No deets spilling yet! that will come later.

Yeah....true true.....don't want any jinxing!!! Good luck with that!! Hope it all goes well! :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in for a quick second. I just got back from vacation was in MN the 19th - 25th. I did meet up with J3 and there was no chemistry in person. We will probably just remain friends. Vacation was good and bad. The good it was relaxing and got to celebrate my cousins wedding and saw family I haven't seen in years. The bad my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer and has her first chemo treatment today. She is going to the Mayo Clinic for her treatments which is the best in the world but no matter the treatment it is only trying to contain it as it will never go away.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in for a quick second. I just got back from vacation was in MN the 19th - 25th. I did meet up with J3 and there was no chemistry in person. We will probably just remain friends. Vacation was good and bad. The good it was relaxing and got to celebrate my cousins wedding and saw family I haven't seen in years. The bad my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer and has her first chemo treatment today. She is going to the Mayo Clinic for her treatments which is the best in the world but no matter the treatment it is only trying to contain it as it will never go away.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother....Big hugs, love, prayers and anything else I could possibly send your way!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i was back home ( first time in almost 3 yrs) it was awesome!! friday night i was w two friends and we were doing some serious reminiscing. it might not sound like fun, but we had an awesome time! saturday was my day to head back to VA. so, i spent saturday driving, 12 hours :-)

sunday i did met up with a fellow MFPer and went for a hike on part of the AT. my plan is to start hiking for realz again soon. while in chicago i picked up a pair of new hiking boots at the REI store i literally used to live in, LOL!!! so, sunday was a great start to getting back into hiking. now, to find the time to do it without the kids :-)

--- missing-- I'm sorry to hear about your mom too. :-(
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    i was back home ( first time in almost 3 yrs) it was awesome!! friday night i was w two friends and we were doing some serious reminiscing. it might not sound like fun, but we had an awesome time! saturday was my day to head back to VA. so, i spent saturday driving, 12 hours :-)

sunday i did met up with a fellow MFPer and went for a hike on part of the AT. my plan is to start hiking for realz again soon. while in chicago i picked up a pair of new hiking boots at the REI store i literally used to live in, LOL!!! so, sunday was a great start to getting back into hiking. now, to find the time to do it without the kids :-)

I love REI. We spent some time there on Sunday. I've become obsessed with the idea of hiking myself recently (real hiking, like in the mountains). I went to REI last week to look for a good hiking pack, and the ones I kept trying on were too long (I'm really short), so I asked one of the sales guys if they had any packs for short people. He said "Well, we do have children's backpacks." :noway:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope all goes well, I know that is tough! :flowerforyou:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    the buy in was only around 15 USD. I walked away with around 400 USD.

That's a pretty nice return on investment!
  • r1ghtpath
    Options

I love REI. We spent some time there on Sunday. I've become obsessed with the idea of hiking myself recently (real hiking, like in the mountains). I went to REI last week to look for a good hiking pack, and the ones I kept trying on were too long (I'm really short), so I asked one of the sales guys if they had any packs for short people. He said "Well, we do have children's backpacks." :noway:

yeah, that's the hiking i used to do. weeks at a time through actual mountain ranges :-) like the tetons. it's awesome! i highly recommend it! when i was younger i used to say that i had to be able to spend 2 weeks, in a tent, backpacking, with a guy before i would agree to marry him. if i could make it two weeks and not want to kill him and still want to be intimate i would know he was the guy for me, LOL!!! i should have listened to my younger self when i was proposed to by my ex......... spent a week on a cruise ship with him instead. :-/ not the same thing AT ALL!!

as for short people and backpacks. i am short 5'3" i have an internal frame. REI outlet . com is a great place to find deals!!! and you don't need a child's pack. i have always been short, and i've always had an adult sized pack. i used to use an external frame, but prefer the internal frame ones. i can check what the model of mine is called..... i don't know that it's still being sold though. it's a couple years old.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I got my hiking pack at LL Bean and I'm only 5'4". But the one I got is one meant for long week+ hikes. Though I am sure they have smaller bags that fit shorter people as well. And LL Bean is awesome about their return policy if you order online and don't like it when it comes in.
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    REI has an awesome return policy too. you basically can use it for awhile and then change your mind and return it!!!! i never knew that, but WHOA!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    REI has an awesome return policy too. you basically can use it for awhile and then change your mind and return it!!!! i never knew that, but WHOA!!!
    Which people take advantage of. If you use it more than once, you shouldn't return it.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

lol @ mountains. You should have said "Outside of Texas"
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    Which people take advantage of. If you use it more than once, you shouldn't return it.

oh i completely agree! however, when i was there, i shopped the "garage sale" section and i did end up getting a pair of north face kids winter boots that were fine other than being worn. for 14.00 i have a pair of really nice boots that two of my girls can wear for the next two years. i would have spent more on a pair of target winter boots, so i figured it's somehow a win win for REI to have that policy. i mean, they made 14.00 off me for buying a used pair of boots!! LOL
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

oh i completely agree! however, when i was there, i shopped the "garage sale" section and i did end up getting a pair of north face kids winter boots that were fine other than being worn. for 14.00 i have a pair of really nice boots that two of my girls can wear for the next two years. i would have spent more on a pair of target winter boots, so i figured it's somehow a win win for REI to have that policy. i mean, they made 14.00 off me for buying a used pair of boots!! LOL

I had lost the transmitter on my HRM and went to REI because I had a 20% coupon and the guy had an extra strap and transmitter that someone returned because there was something wrong with the watch. They gave it to me for free. LOVE THEM!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    yeah, that's the hiking i used to do. weeks at a time through actual mountain ranges :-) like the tetons. it's awesome! i highly recommend it! when i was younger i used to say that i had to be able to spend 2 weeks, in a tent, backpacking, with a guy before i would agree to marry him. if i could make it two weeks and not want to kill him and still want to be intimate i would know he was the guy for me, LOL!!! i should have listened to my younger self when i was proposed to by my ex......... spent a week on a cruise ship with him instead. :-/ not the same thing AT ALL!!

as for short people and backpacks. i am short 5'3" i have an internal frame. REI outlet . com is a great place to find deals!!! and you don't need a child's pack. i have always been short, and i've always had an adult sized pack. i used to use an external frame, but prefer the internal frame ones. i can check what the model of mine is called..... i don't know that it's still being sold though. it's a couple years old.
    I miss backpacking. To me, there's no better way to lose weight than spending a week in the wilderness only eating what you can carry and walking 10-12 miles a day with an extra 40 lbs of weight on your back.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The bad my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic and liver cancer and has her first chemo treatment today. She is going to the Mayo Clinic for her treatments which is the best in the world but no matter the treatment it is only trying to contain it as it will never go away.

So sorry to hear about your mom! {{{{hugs}}}}
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options

*hugs* for you and your mommy! :flowerforyou: