Anyone on attack phase ? (My day 1)

Options
2»

Replies

• mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 6 weigh in today: so total loss is 4 pounds.Yay!

Actually im surprised - ive been having some intense cravings for sweets especially at night time and tend to start digging into turkey and all sorts of other allowed foods quite late to try and deal with these cravings.
    I wonder if the late night munching is affecting the weight loss much - but it just goes to show ow much a massive part sweets were of my normal diet.

Is the late night eating a hindrance to this diet - does anyone know?
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I only get tummy rumbles at bedtime, I'm used to having a carby dinner, so I think the all-protein dinners are harder for my body to digest. It's keeping me awake later, that's for sure. I'm sleeping well though.

Last night my husband ate chocolate, crisps and cheese right in front of me. Surprisingly, I didn't want to break his arm, infact I even walked down the bakery aisle in Waitrose and was totally not interested!

I am winning!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Day 6 weigh in today: so total loss is 4 pounds.Yay!

Actually im surprised - ive been having some intense cravings for sweets especially at night time and tend to start digging into turkey and all sorts of other allowed foods quite late to try and deal with these cravings.
    I wonder if the late night munching is affecting the weight loss much - but it just goes to show ow much a massive part sweets were of my normal diet.

That is awesome mtsips! I do not have any late night cravings. I would say.. keep watching out for all these signals like TOM, dehydration, sugar cravings. For sugar cravings, I would keep sugar-free jello or FF cottage cheese around. These have worked well for my sugar cravings. I am yet to deal with TOM on Dukan. This period is the one where I cause the most damage. Fingers crossed.
    Cheers!
  • mtsips
    mtsips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those responses ladies :)

marshallexi - these protein meals are keeping me up later than normal as well.. odd!

shimmergal - thanks for the pointers you shared - love the jello idea :) Tonight has actually been the first night where the cravings havent been as strong.. it seems its taken my body a little longer to adjust to the 'no sugar' policy... but finally... some relief from the torment. Im still gonna get me some jelly though :)
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Attack done! 5lbs lost in 5 days.

I even went out last night and had a few G&Ts! Didn't want any alcohol-induced food though.

I feel like scrapping sugary carbs was the best decision I ever made. :)
  • dr_cheryl
    dr_cheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Attack done! 5lbs lost in 5 days.

I even went out last night and had a few G&Ts! Didn't want any alcohol-induced food though.

I feel like scrapping sugary carbs was the best decision I ever made. :)

Good work hon :) Bet you can't wait to add a few veggies now!!
    Cx
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow - went grocery shopping today and got supplies. I've lost 25 on low carbs this year but the last 6 pounds are just stuck like glue and I want to shake them off.