is this a sign of over exercising?????????

deevatude
deevatude Posts: 322 Member
i actually stopped exercising yesterday after a year of exercising everyday. well i ate 2200 calories to be exact even tho im not exercising and when i got on the scale today i was up 8 pounds from yesterday.

the weight gain doesnt bother me but does this mean i cut down my exercising?

is the weight gain a good thing? its not fat but does the gain mean something?

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Sounds like your muscles flooded with water to repair! But, I am definitely not an expert on that....give it a few days and see what happens without exercise...sounds like you need the rest!!

Whatever the reason for the sudden water retention, I do encourage you to take at least one or two rest days every week to give your body some time to heal. Otherwise, you're only breaking down and your poor body is working like mad to repair what it can, WHEN it can. :tongue:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Did you spike your carb and/or sodium intake the day before?

Is TOM approaching?
  • deevatude
    Sounds like your muscles flooded with water to repair! But, I am definitely not an expert on that....give it a few days and see what happens without exercise...sounds like you need the rest!!

Whatever the reason for the sudden water retention, I do encourage you to take at least one or two rest days every week to give your body some time to heal. Otherwise, you're only breaking down and your poor body is working like mad to repair what it can, WHEN it can. :tongue:

yea, i think i have already done some damage. my favorite exercise is to jump rope, i do it vigorously and my feet have been in so much pain lately. it hurts when i walk around.

but the positive thing is, i dont feel sluggish and i actually slept like a baby.
  • deevatude
    Did you spike your carb and/or sodium intake the day before?

Is TOM approaching?

actually i just finished TOM

i eat carbs n sodium alot and everyday, my weight usually goes up by 0.2 to 0.6 on days when i eat too much of that. but on those days i exersize

im not exercising today and will weigh tomorrow to see if it has an effect
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Drink a boat load of water just in case you are event remotely dehydrated. Dehydration of any amount will cause water retention in a big way :)
  • deevatude
    i only drink water. i have to pee so often because i drink a lot of it