no stability ball for prone jackknives

Options
So the gym where I lift doesnt have stability balls. Do you think replacing prone jackknives with mountain climbers would work just as well? And if so how many reps to equal?

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    WOW!! your gym does't have a swiss ball???

I'm guessing they don't have a suspension trainer like a TRX then?? because you could use that if they did.

You could always buy one yourself and donate it to your gym, they are quite cheap??

Not sure about mountain climbers, they are more cardio than strength.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Buy a large beachball and pump it up when you get there. Leg warmup! :p
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Do lying leg raises.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey! You should talk to the manager and see if they can get one-they are cheap. Or get your own and take it to the gym. But if the gym has TRX or Valslides you can use those instead. Also, if you have a skate board at home you can use it too.
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    I have one at home, but not at the gym. Do you think it would matter if I did most of my workout then finished it at home with the ball? I would hate to have to lug this thing to the gym! I'll check and see if they have the machines you mentioned. Thanks for the info y'all!
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mountain climbers are no substitute for the jackknife. Yeah, leave the ball at home and do 'em later. And that prone jackknife exercise BTW is phenomenal. I do a couple of sets at home every day whether I lift or not! That exercise is what's going to get rid of my belly I'll tell you what.
  • morninglilli
    Options
    Edit
  • morninglilli
    Options
    They don't have valsludes or trx, but how about the ab wheel? They have those. Would a reverse slide work? Sorry to be such a bother gals. I really would like to get the whole work out done at the gym, so I can log and be done with it for the day.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You can try the ab wheel. You can also do the swiss ball jackknifes at home, or you can do Pallof press and all it's variotions at the gym. Here is a link to a great article about Pallof press and variations.

http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/everything-pallof-press/
  • morninglilli
    Options
    You can try the ab wheel. You can also do the swiss ball jackknifes at home, or you can do Pallof press and all it's variotions at the gym. Here is a link to a great article about Pallof press and variations.

http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/everything-pallof-press/

Thank you soooooo much! I ended up coming home to do my ball crunches today.
    I asked the manager at my gym why we didnt have them, and he said for lack of space : {
    Oh well...
    I will look up the Pallof press! Thank you once again!!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have one at home, but not at the gym. Do you think it would matter if I did most of my workout then finished it at home with the ball? I would hate to have to lug this thing to the gym! I'll check and see if they have the machines you mentioned. Thanks for the info y'all!

This! Finish the ab part at home.